RA200 Owners

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3281
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

    #1

    RA200 Owners

    The manual is no longer available due to the Ryobi safety re call.
    Last edited by Whaler; 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM.
    Dick

    http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/
  • Whaler
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • 3281
    • Sequim, WA, USA.
    • DW746

    #2
    I can't believe that there are so many RA200s out there that are alive and well. I have had 10 requests for the scan of the owners manual in the past 30 days.
    One more testimonial for Ryobi quality.
    Dick

    http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

    Comment

    • padboy
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2005
      • 89
      • Roscommon, Michigan, USA.

      #3
      I have owned an RA200 for many years.After about the first 3 years of ownership,the saw was recalled by Ryobi for possible casting defects in the head assembly. Ryobi paid to have the saw returned to them and then sent me a brand new saw as a replacement;now that's what I call "customer service!" Other than replacing the stock blade with the Freud blade made specially for radial arm saws,I have had absolutely no problems with this saw and would highly recommend its' purchase to anyone who does not need a 10" saw. Unfortunately, the saw is no longer made by Ryobi, but strangely, I saw what appears to be an exact clone for sale by Harbor Freight.

      Comment

      • Whaler
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • 3281
        • Sequim, WA, USA.
        • DW746

        #4
        Mine is about ready to turn 17 without a glitch. Probably one of the best $250.00 I have ever spent.
        Dick

        http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

        Comment

        • Scottydont
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2003
          • 2359
          • Edmonds, WA, USA.
          • Delta Industrial Hybrid

          #5
          I have been casually looking for one of those for months. Someday...
          Scott
          "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

          Edmonds WA

          No coffee, no worky!

          Comment

          • Whaler
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • 3281
            • Sequim, WA, USA.
            • DW746

            #6
            Scott

            After not using mine for a few years I put it up for sale planing on a CMS. The light clicked on and I realized that I had one buried in the back of the shop. After a good cleaning, a new blade and table it's now back in full service. Glad it didn't sell.
            Dick

            http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

            Comment

            • FL Buckeye
              Established Member
              • Aug 2005
              • 187
              • WC Florida and Crossville, TN
              • BT3100, Grizzly 1023SL

              #7
              Does the RA200 have a 8" blade? If so, I saw one at a garage sale a while back for $175. I thought the price was high for the shape it was in. I went back later to take another look and it was gone.
              Lanny

              *****

              The older you get, the better you used to be.

              Comment

              • Whaler
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • 3281
                • Sequim, WA, USA.
                • DW746

                #8
                Lanny
                The blade size is 8 1/4". I think $175.00 is a bit high for a used one as it is discontinued and there are NO parts available. I bought mine new in 1989 for $250.00.
                Dick

                http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

                Comment

                • sneltner

                  #9
                  Ryobi RA200 Manual Needed!!

                  I saw a thread by "Whaler" who said that he would be happy to send a copy of the ownrs manual for the Ryobi radial arm saw RA200. I would be very appreciative if you would contac me at s.neltner@us.sandb.com to discuss. I am in dire need!

                  Thank you!

                  Comment

                  • tjr
                    Established Member
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 167
                    • at the falls of the Ohio
                    • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

                    #10
                    I probably have a manual somewhere - not a copy - and would send for price of postage. Also have some parts left over after sending the motor for recall.

                    Comment

                    • bmyers
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 1371
                      • Fishkill, NY
                      • bt 3100

                      #11
                      old thread but.. can you send me a copy?


                      Thanks,
                      Bill
                      "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

                      Comment

                      • tjr
                        Established Member
                        • Oct 2008
                        • 167
                        • at the falls of the Ohio
                        • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

                        #12
                        Not to weasel out of sending you one, but a couple faster ideas: If you just need the parts list, it's here.
                        The manual for the Harbor Freight version is here, looks very similar to the Ryobi.

                        Send PM if you still need a manual.

                        Comment

                        • Whaler
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 3281
                          • Sequim, WA, USA.
                          • DW746

                          #13
                          Sorry Guys, I no longer have the manual available.
                          Dick

                          http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

                          Comment

                          Working...