• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Pictures not linked after Forum down?

Sam, I went through several posts that had picts and they are not linked. I am not seeing any photos anywhere. Is it me or is there still some link problems?
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I just checked my file folder for pictures...EMPTY! I had been thinking about cleaning out some of the unnecessary pictures to save some space for Sam, anyway.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

It's being looked into. Basically, they forgot to hook back up our second hard drive.
      Sam Conder
      BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• w973
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2004
        • Nevada, USA.

Do you have an expected time for a planned shutdown for maintenance?

Walt

Comment

• Sam Conder
          Woodworker Once More
          • Dec 2002
          • Midway, KY
          • Delta 36-725T2

No. When they get to it, they get to it. I may need to start having planned shutdowns for backup but that will be addressed in the future.
          Sam Conder

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• w973
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2004
            • Nevada, USA.

O.K. I know money is limited, but here is an idea we use on our server at work. We have a card that supports mirrored drives (we have an NT server, with Linux you don't even need the card) and have all our data mirrored on two identical drives. The drives are mounted in "hot swap" cages that permit a drive to be removed while the computer is running! Once a week or so, one of the drives is removed and a blank drive is put in it's place. Within an hour or so, the blank drive is now the mirror of the other drive (the software does this automatically). All of this is done while the system is running and there is very little loss of performance. The removed drive is a backup. With the cost of drives today, this is a pretty cost effective way to backup your system.

Walt

Comment

• Sam Conder
              Woodworker Once More
              • Dec 2002
              • Midway, KY
              • Delta 36-725T2

We don't have physical access to our server. A RAID arrangement of that sort is not possible. I do welcome all suggestions, so keep them coming.

For the techie types I am currently investigating a replication arrangement with an external MySQL server so that there is a mirror image of our DB offsite at all times.

Sam Conder

Comment

Working...