Now they have blocked BT3Central in my office!!@#@!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • protool
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2003
    • Austin, TX, USA.
    • BT3000

Yes, BT3central does have RSS feeds.

Originally posted by radhak
    Sorry to hijack my own thread - I only wanted to find out if we had an RSS feed here.
    Radhak, this response is several years late, but I do have the answer for you:

yes, there are RSS feeds from bt3central. I use these in my RSS reader (google reader):
    BT3central bargain alerts:

BT3central Member Classifieds:

When you go to a particular forum, look at the URL in your address bar. You'll see a forum number in the address (for example, around the coffee pot is http://www.bt3central.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10 - that is, forum #10). Modify the above URLs I provided with the particular forum you want to view (around the coffee pot's RSS feed URL would be http://www.bt3central.com/external.p...s2&forumids=10 since it's forum #10)

Hope this helps!
    dave
    <><><><><><><><>
    David Cox
    Austin, Texas
    http://davidcox.org/wood/

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Lol at office problems... by now radhak has a smart phone
      Last edited by chopnhack; 01-27-2013, 07:33 PM.
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• radhak
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • Miramar, FL
        • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Thanks Dave - that's what I've been looking for!
        And you got a great website!

<no, I still don't have a 'smart' phone; no use for one, yet)
        Last edited by radhak; 01-28-2013, 06:22 AM.
        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
        - Aristotle

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by chopnhack
          Lol at office problems... by now radhak has a smart phone
          I bet you wish you worked in a cubicle.

Comment

• vaking
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2005
            • Montclair, NJ, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3100-1

Companies usually don't block individual sites - there are too many of them and it is too labor intensive. Instead they usually subscribe to some service that puts all sites into categories and then they block categories they don't want people to see. "External E-mail", "Social networking" are examples of categories often blocked. There are several popular vendors in this field, like Bluecoat or Websense. Most likely vendor your company uses discovered the site bt3central and put it into category "social networking" (which it really is). The only reason it was not blocked before - your vendor did not put into this category earlier. For example I just checked Websense result - this site is in category "business and economy". Nobody blocks this category, so my company has access to it.

Originally posted by Russianwolf
            go get a smart phone, they can't block what you do on that.
            This depends on what your company does and what you do in the comnpany. For example - if you work on Wall street - there is a government regulation that says "all phone calls between trading personnel and customers must be recorded". Since calls you make on your personal cell phone cannot be recorded by your company - your employeer will issue a policy prohibiting use of personal cell phones on the trading floor. All trading people will be given company phones where calls can be recorded. And Internet browsing on a company phone can be configured to use same rules and filters as browsing from your workstation. Please note - this might be not your management being particularly nasty but a government requirement.
            Alex V

Comment

Working...