How are we supposed to find the articles?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stoli
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2002
    • Tucson, AZ.

How are we supposed to find the articles?

I am facing a rebuilding of either the shims or the elevation system on my BT3K. I read through the articles in the maintenance section of the forum, but remember that there was more information somewhere. After searching through the forums, I found a link to another set of articles. These are located at http://www.bt3central.com/index.php?page=articles . As far as I can tell, there is no obvious link to get to these articles, other than by searching and happening to find the link. There is no link from the main bt3central page, nor is there a direct link from the forums. Am I just missing something? If not, I think these articles should be moved or copied to a place that is easier to find.
  • eezlock
    • Feb 2006
    • Charlotte,N.C.
    • BT3100

how are we suppost to find articles?

The easiest way to find answer to previously answered questions is...use the search feature in the title bar.
    I hit search , in the blank space I typed in BT3K shim replacement, it brought up (2) articles there. The first one
    is titled " BT#3 shim replacement" by Black Walnut a member here on this forum. A very well written and
    informative article, covers what you need to know and how to do it!
    Hope this is what you are looking for....eezlock
    Last edited by eezlock; 01-29-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• stoli
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2002
      • Tucson, AZ.

Not really. There is a section for "articles" in the forum, but this does not contain the articles I pointed out. I don't know, it just seems strange to have an articles section which has a description of "This section of BT3Central contains articles specifically about the Ryobi BT3x00 series table saw. You can find maintainence tips, jig and fixture plans, and other modifications in this area.", but not have this contain all the articles.

I know that I almost gave up, thinking that all the maintenance article were in that forum...

Comment

• smorris
        • Apr 2003
        • Tampa, Florida, USA.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Stoli, we have a link to articles but the articles aren't there. I know I've been looking for articles and of course the obvious first this is to go to the articles link, since it is by definition the link to the articles.
        This has been a source of frustration for me for quite some time, how hard would it be, really?
        --
        Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

I agree it's not that easy to find, and searches don't always get you there.

I get to the old articles by looking at the main forum page, then going to the 'BT3x00 Related Articles' section, navigating to the end and then opening the 'Temporary Link to the Articles' thread' (made in 2007). The old articles page can be seen from the link in there. I just noticed that the same thread is at the top of the 5 most read articles list on the right of the articles page.

Getting those old articles into the current articles section might not be that easy. From what I understand those old articles were generated on a plugin/hack/customization on an earlier version of the Vbulletin software. I don't think they can just be imported or moved.

If Sam could make some sort of sticky link or custom page header that could be done on the articles page, it would be very welcome.
          Erik

Comment

Working...