• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpha
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Owensboro, KY, USA.

Forum Name

I suggest the forum name "Classified Advertisements" be changed to "Classifieds". There are some "Popup Blockers" that reject the word "advertisement" and closes the window for the BT site. I have run into this problem while experimenting with IE and a new version of System Mechanic. Just a suggestion.
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

I strongly dislike software that pulls "willy-nilly" stunts like this. I've already had to change the name of the Support ASP page because Norton was blocking it. Oh well...
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• mudder
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • I live in a house
      • Delta 36-650

quote:Originally posted by alpha

I suggest the forum name "Classified Advertisements" be changed to "Classifieds". There are some "Popup Blockers" that reject the word "advertisement" and closes the window for the BT site. I have run into this problem while experimenting with IE and a new version of System Mechanic. Just a suggestion.
      Does System mechanic have a "white list" of sites that are acceptable? You should investigate that. I agree with Sam, A popup blocker should do just that. Reject popups and not the sites you want to go to.

Just my opinion.

Mudder

Comment

• alpha
        Established Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Owensboro, KY, USA.

Yes. It does have a list...but the list is based on words and not a site. I didn't see any way to exempt any one site. I guess that limits the usefullness of the program. Of course you could disable the program or eliminate the word "advertisement" to work around. Otherwise, Sysem Mechanic is a great little program. I've been using it for years. Here is a link for a free trial: http://www.iolo.com/

It does a lot of the things Norton Utilities does, only faster and not quite a comprehensive.

Thanks Sam, for the quick change.

Comment

Working...