X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpd586
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2007

Photo problems

Can anyone tell me why it is that I can not view all the photos folks attach to their posts. Some come through fine and some show up as a red x in a small box. For instance in the Finished Projects section, teh quilt rack photos came through fine, but the bird house photos do not. I am usually viewing at work so it may have something to do with the filters they have on the system. But if that was the case I would think that none of them would come through. Thanks
  • Hoover
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • USA.

One problem might be, is that you are not logged in to BT3 to see the photos.
    No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• tpd586
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2007

Re Photo problems

The header at the top of the page says I am logged in, and wouldn't that keep me from seeing any of the photos in any post?

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by tpd586
        The header at the top of the page says I am logged in, and wouldn't that keep me from seeing any of the photos in any post?
        Not exactly. If you are not logged in then you may not be able to see the photo's hosted on this site. Those hosted elsewhere, such as the bird houses by John in Ontario, may not be visable due to controls placed on your browsing ability by your network admin.

Try right clikck> show picture. If that still does not work then your Network admin (or ISP) has content from John's picture host blocked. So it is not a problem with the forum software.
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• RayintheUK
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2003
          • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
          • Ryobi BT3000

I'm sure I remember reading recently that Sam had a little trouble finding and/or re-instating some pictures?

Ray.
          Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Originally posted by RayintheUK
            I'm sure I remember reading recently that Sam had a little trouble finding and/or re-instating some pictures?

Ray.
            Yep. I remember that too.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Black wallnut
              cycling to health
              • Jan 2003
              • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
              • BT3k 1999

Originally posted by RayintheUK

Ray.
              Wellsir there is also that but it is a different issue. The pics the OP is saying are not visable are hosted off site.

©

Comment

• RayintheUK
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2003
                • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
                • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Black wallnut
                The pics the OP is saying are not visible are hosted off site.
                Sorry, Mark, I didn't spot that.

Ray.
                Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• Daryl
                  • May 2004

If the pictures are hot linked somebody may have gotten cheesed about the use of their bandwidth.
                  You can also try right clicking>properties and copy and paste the address in your browser, sometimes it works.
                  Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• rjwaldren
                    Established Member
                    • Nov 2007
                    • Fresno, CA

I have the same problem in here. The problem for me is that sites like photobucket, youtube, etc are blocked by the corporate content filters.

Try copying the link for the photo and pasting it into the address bar, I'd bet it kicks back a page telling you the content is blocked. It works fine from home of course.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                      cycling to health
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                      • BT3k 1999

Be thankful that you are even able to view the forum from work. At my company's corp. HQ, office folk can only browse to preapproved websites. The approved sites have to be work related and even then getting sites added has been a problem for some. Luckily I now work at a remote location and a big part of my job is internet dependent. I also have a boss that will fight for our ability to play as long as all the work gets done.

©

Comment

Working...