Attachment links all gone?

I suspect they are...
    Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

I dunno Rod... it's real hit an miss. I can make heads or tails of it, some new, some old, etc. None of the images are gone, apparently it's just the pointers in the database.

Even if I restore the database back to 5 minutes before I attempted the move, the images in some posts don't show up. It's almost as if the backup somehow corrupted the attachments table in the database.

I have hopes (albeit somewhat feeble) that I may be able to relink things once I have my wits about me.
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

Looks like we are missing attachments 8321 thru 8705. Looks like I've got 385 attachments to find!
      Sam Conder

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Sam Conder
        Woodworker Once More
        • Dec 2002
        • Midway, KY
        • Delta 36-725T2

The good news is that all of the images are still in the backup file. I just have to figure out how to get to them without hosing up everything else.
        Sam Conder

Comment

• RodKirby
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
          • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Originally posted by Sam Conder
          The good news is that all of the images are still in the backup file. I just have to figure out how to get to them without hosing up everything else.
          Sam - PLEASE don't spend a lot of time on this - I (and I'm sure everyone else) can live without these.
          Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Sam, if you could give us the dates they were posted, many could probably be posted again by the original poster. Don't kill yourself over it.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Stytooner
              Roll Tide RIP Lee
              • Dec 2002
              • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
              • BT3100

I usually just post links to pictures I upload on my site. Okay if you have a trustworthy site.
              I think I uploaded a pic or two just a few weeks back to check the forum software. If anyone is responsible for hosing the database, it has to be me. I have really had some kind of luck with technology lately.
              Lee

Comment

Working...