This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

Name Modification.... ????

I need an assist from the computer "whizs" that obviously post here. Here's the problem and I can't seem to find a solution on my own even though I have searched. Maybe it was before my very eyes and maybe I can't do it without devine assistance, but here's the scoop....

I wanted to drop the ..g-47 off my log in name to just Sarge as when it comes down to it, I'm just Sarge. ha.. ha... When I first registered I added the ..g-47 (grinder.. long story & 47.. year of birth) to avoid being told someone already uses jusSarge. But.. if not mistaken, I do not see that name used and it's time to reveal my true idenity.... Sarge!

That's it in a nut-shell.. should be a piece of cake for those that go beyond the on-off switch on their computer but not exactly as simple for those of us that are more comfortable harnessing a mule and plowing 40 acres for a day's pay.

Regards...
  • siliconbauhaus
    • Dec 2006
    • hagerstown, md

Sarge,

I think you'll need to talk to Sam as it would require some work on his part to keep all your details.
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed

Comment

• Hoakie
      Established Member
      • Feb 2007
      • Iowa
      • Craftsman 21829

Sarge,

Anyone with appropriate credentials (i.e. forum admin) can change this in your profile. The only issue is how much they are going to charge you
      John
      To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Good morning Siliconbauhaus...

Belated thanks for the reply as BT3 has not been accessible on my computer since late Friday.

That's pretty much the conclussion I came to also, so I guess I'm hung with SARGE..g-47 and will just have to "take it like a man". Not worth the effort nor putting the site adminastrator to the trouble as it won't matter 20 minutes from now... much less 20 years from now.

I suppose if I go into chronic depression, I could just take a prozac and run off to join the Ringling Bros. Circus . ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

Regards...
        Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2007, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Good morning Hoakie...

As stated.. site has not been excessible to me and I've been laying paint trim on my house and busy anyway..

Well Hoakie... money is certainly not an object. Perhaps you have never been at a Waffle House restaurant (the name retaurant is used loosley here) when I was there. When I ask for an extra pat of butter and the waitress says, "it'll cost you a nickel extra sonny", I just reply "I don't give a d*mn what it cost Scarlett.. give me 20 extra pats cause I want some extra butter, maam".

Regards...
          Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2007, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

Allright g47 , do you have autocomplete turned off?

If not, when you start typing Sar..., your pc should display your login name. Then you just hit the down arrow to it, and enter, tab down, and enter your password (I never save the passwords).

Might be easier on the wallet, then bribing moderators with saw blades, router bits etc.

P.S. you sank my battleship.
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...