X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gary
    • May 2004
    • Versailles, KY, USA.

Post Content Question

My IT security guy asked me the other day what kind of sites I was looking at. Puzzled I asked him what he was talking about, it seems that bt3central came up on his list in the auditing tools.

Apparently some of the subject titles in the coffee-pot forum that appear as preview on the main page generated hits in his auditing tools. I'm not in danger of getting fired but it may lead to them to forbid access to the site if it continues.

Can I ask people to use a little restraint on the subject lines please? I like to browse this site during breaks and lunch and would hate to have that fun removed.
    Gary
  • bmyers
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2003
    • Fishkill, NY
    • bt 3100

Here's one that'll make your IT guy pull out his/her hair.

Proxy4Free is the highest quality proxy with over 90 million IPs in over 190 countries worldwide. Proxy4Free provides residential Ip resource services at the cheapest price!

Bill
    Last edited by bmyers; 04-15-2007, 12:47 PM.
    "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

• JR
      The Full Monte
      • Feb 2004
      • Eugene, OR
      • BT3000

Gary, I'm all in favor of supporting you on this. This is not the kind of site one would expect to cause problems of the type you describe.

Having said that, I'm surprised it's happening at all. Is it possible for you to find out what kind of thing would trigger the filter? It's not that I want to split hairs, I'm just confused how it could have happened in the first place.

JR
      JR

Comment

• scmhogg
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2003
        • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
        • BT3000

I think a lot of the filters that are used are non-discriminatory. I remember a library filter that killed any mention of breast cancer. Can't use the B word. It could be that the filter picks up S*** or F*** too.

A quick search shows:

Suck---500 Entries
        Sex----149
        Breast--25
        Penis----3

Perhaps the spread you might expect for a mostly male forum.

Steve
        I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...