• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

One question and maybe I'm just blind but where is the little section telling you when you have a PM?
    Brian

Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

Duh! I just thought to check another BB that I frequent, 1911forum.com and they have "full width" and I have not had any problems reading at full width. Of the options listed so far I think 100% would give the best balance. Users can always shrink their viewing window. Uploaded image size for me is a dertermining factor. Folks just plain have a hard enough time figuring out how to upload images sized to 640 x 480, and to make it even smaller may cause some with less photo editing knowledge undue pain and agony. IMHO

guess I can not officially change my vote
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

I'm stuck on the compromise width. I'm not really a fast reader, so the issues with full width that Larry mentioned does effect the way I scan with my peepers. Regardless of how you set it up, Sam, we can always change our screen(s) resolution to suit our needs.
        Lee

Comment

• LarryG
          The Full Monte
          • May 2004
          • Off The Back
          • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by Stormbringer
          How much larger? The current setup is just ok (IMHO) for uploaded images, but larger is always nicer
          Well, I think that's true up to a point, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing maximum image size limited to something like 800x600. First, some people are still on dial-up. Second, that other vBulletin forum I frequent, which uses the "100%" configuration, has a lot of threads containing multiple images large enough to choke a DSL line. It can really get annoying when you want to read the newest few replies and have to sit there and wait ... and wait ... and wait while all the images load and the screen is jumping around like mad as you try in vain to scroll to the bottom.

Brian: my PM message box is where it always was, above the right end of the "wooden" menu bar. If I have unread PMs waiting, the number indicating how many is bold-faced.
          Last edited by LarryG; 02-07-2007, 12:21 PM.
          Larry

Comment

Working...