• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • big tim
    • Mar 2006
    • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
    • SawStop PCS

Picture testing

Last time I tried to insert an image from my album in Photobucket.com., the link to the picture showed up in the post but not the picture. If you clicked on the link the picture would indeed come up on the screen. Now I have done this before and that time the picture showed in the post. To the best of my recollection I did everything the same way in both cases.
    So, what gives?
    I do recall that the second time I tried it, some bar near the top came up that said something about script etc. didn't pay much attention to it but carried on with the post. Maybe that had to do something with my problem?
    This post is an attempt to try posting an image from my album again

Well, that didn't work, back to the drawing board!
    Last edited by big tim; 01-16-2007, 08:23 AM.
    Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Click on the "Manage Attachments" button below and post your URL in the "Upload File from a URL" box. If it's within the size limits it should show up as a thumbnail pic in the post.
    Last edited by Knottscott; 11-29-2008, 07:24 AM.
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• LarryG
      The Full Monte
      • May 2004
      • Off The Back
      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Another method, taught to me by forum member niki:

Below each of your Photobucket pictures are three links: URL Link, HTML Tag, and IMG Code. Click on IMG Code once (the link at left, not the actual code at right) and you'll briefly see a yellow box that says "Copied." The IMG Code is now copied to your clipboard; paste it into your message at the appropriate place.

IMPORTANT: This will insert the picture into your message at full-size, with no need to click it to see a larger version, so you'll need to make sure your images are resized to something reasonable, like 640x480.
      Larry

Comment

• big tim
        • Mar 2006
        • SawStop PCS

Hi Dustmight,

You're right about using the "Attachment" method, but linking to a image storing website allows you to come up with larger images. I've done it before, but I obviously did not do it right this time.
        By the way is that your daughter? Very cute, must look like her mother!
        Oh, every time I go back later and look at your post again, there is either a different pic or more pics, ???

Larry,

Maybe that's where my mistake is, I clicked on the URL link instead of to the IMGcode, so let me try that right now

so here goes

Thanks Larry, that obviously did the trick. Good old Niki, the man is amazing!
        Last edited by big tim; 01-17-2007, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• LarryG
          The Full Monte
          • May 2004
          • Off The Back
          • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

You got it! Except, as mentioned before, you should probably limit the size to 640x480. That makes a significant diff in the image size and the folks still on dial-up will be grateful.

//Interesting looking blade guard, I'm sure a lot of people are waiting for the full story on that!
          Last edited by LarryG; 01-16-2007, 02:33 PM.
          Larry

Comment

• big tim
            • Mar 2006
            • SawStop PCS

Good point Larry, about image size, didn't think about people on dial up.
            I'll change the image size in my Photobucket album.
            You'll find a little more about my bladeguard in a post by me in the "Getting Started" forum in a thread started by Icm1947 about "blade height over wood" Jan 14/07.
            Thanks again for your help.

Tim

Comment

Working...