Thread link for offline reading possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boblon
    • Aug 2003
    • Florida, USA.

Thread link for offline reading possible?

I doubt this is possible but I figured I'd ask.

I was trying to set up IE with some mobile links and offline-content.

I would like to choose a few threads, set up the offline content to reach one deep (hoping to catch the messages in the threads of interest) and put them on my pda.

The problem is it starts following the links in the menu bar above the thread itself, the one that has links to:

Home-Forum-Articles-UserCP-FAQ-MembersList-Calendar-etc.

This fills up the space I've allocated for the page store before getting to the thread itself.

So, is it possibe to link to the discussion area that displays the threads without all the embedded links above it?

I doubt it, but hey, figured I'd ask.

Thanks,
    BobL.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."
  • linear
    • May 2004
    • DeSoto, KS, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

Try the print version of the thread.
    --Rob

sigpic

Comment

• boblon
      • Aug 2003
      • Florida, USA.

Thanks, but what I wanted to do was snag the page at the discussion level, go one deep and therefore grab all the most recently posted threads in that discussion area.

BobL.
      "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

Comment

• linear
        • May 2004
        • DeSoto, KS, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

Maybe you could use the RSS feeds then.
        This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.

I don't know if you have a feed reader for your PDA or not, but this is close to what you asked for.
        --Rob

sigpic

Comment

• sacherjj
          Not Your Average Joe
          • Dec 2005
          • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
          • BT3100-1

There are tools out there for copying websites. That would probably work. However, make sure that your have the depth setup properly, as they can rip and entire site down and are very hard on bandwidth. HTTracker was the one I used to use, I believe.

In IE, you also have the option of making sites available offline. Add it to favorites, then right click on the Favorites entry and select "Make available offline." You have some options of when to syncronize and such. It works OK.
          Joe Sacher

Comment

Working...