This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SARGE..g-47

Message Alert?? ..

Being a computer il-literate, I just wondered if there is a message alert. Example is I just posted a relpy to Scott from a question early this morning. I am gone all day usually and I checked the Forum section and found the thread as it was not currently on my original screen. You guys seem to stay busy and threads I might have seen one morning or evening can be buried deep by the time I can get back to the computer.

I have posted for years on another forum and they send a e-mail if someone post directly to you. Here.. it seems you just post a general response at the bottom and you could head it with a particular person's name, but as I stated sometimes it could be a day before I can check for anything that could be directed at me. That means the thread is hidden in the forum and I would have to dig to find out if I had a personal response?

Or.. do you guys just send a e-mail from the forum stating you have sent a direct response (but to be open for discussion to the forum) to that person?

Again.. please excuse my lack of computer saavy as I suppose we all are good at certain things and not so good at others. ha.. ha...

Thanks....
  • GeekMom
    • Dec 2004
    • Bonney Lake, WA.
    • Shopsmith Mark V

Try going to 'User CP' on the menu bar at the top of the page, then click on the 'Edit Options' button on the left side of the page. Under 'Messaging & Notification' there is a heading called 'Default Thread Subscription Mode'. You can change that option from No E-mail Notification to Instant, Daily or Weekly notification. HTH.
    Karen
    <><

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Thank you very much, Karen. I probably could have ask my lovely and charming wife as she is MIS by profession and knows this stuff. But.. when I do that it cost me expensive wine and dines. ha.. ha...

Now I can just keep it quiet how I found out as if she knew that you told me, she would probably say something to the affect of "of course a woman had to show you".

Again.. much thanks and regards to you and family for the holiday...

Comment

Working...