• Show
Clear All
  • gerti
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
    • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

"Remember me" not working?

A few days ago I upgraded to a new laptop, and now the "Remember me" setting no longer seems to work. I have cookies enabled, so that's not it. I have to log in every day. Once logged in it seems to remember me for a while, but the next day I have to log in again.

Also the forum doesn't seem to update the 'last visited' field either. I logged in and checked new messages a couple of hours ago. Now when I went to the forums, it still shows my last visit from yesterday instead of the last visit from a few hours ago. It also keeps showing all new messages since yesterday, not all new messages since two hours ago.

Any ideas what may be going wrong? The set cookies from bt3central are:

bblastactivity and bblastvisit (expire today)
    bbsessionhash, bbthread_lastview and bbforum_view (no expiration).

This is Safari on a current OS X.
  • fiasco
    Established Member
    • Nov 2006

delete your bt3 cookies and then open your browser and log in to bt3

Did you copy your existing cookies over to your new laptop? The bt3 cookie may be corrupted or read only.
    Last edited by fiasco; 11-16-2006, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

Another setting is to force the browser to look for a new page automatically. If it's set to never, you will have trouble with cookie baking.
      Lee

Comment

• gerti
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
        • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

Deleting the cookies did not help. And Safari doesn't have many fancy settings. No idea why it is going wrong. I do see that the old system had a password-related cookie set, which I don't see on the new system. But that may be from a previous forum version.

Comment

Working...