• Show
Clear All
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Slow Response in opening threads

Is it just my computer or has anyelse noticed that opening the threads has really slowed down to a crawl? Started noticing it about 3-4 weeks ago.

I have high speed cable connection and everything seems to work ok on other sites.
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

OMB, it goes in spurts. Some threads open virtually instantaneously (we're on a DSL line). Others might take two or three clicks, with a loooooong delay between clicks, before the thread finally opens. It's rarely so bad that it becomes intolerable but it is enough to be noticeable.

Another vBulletin site I frequent suffers similar problems, but I've always written that off to the fact it "enjoys" extremely heavy traffic ... for example I just checked and there are currently 44 members and guests online here; at the other forum, there are 747.
    Larry

Comment

• jseklund
      Established Member
      • Aug 2006

Larry, remember- it is quality, not quantity! haha.

I've noticed this too for the past couple of weeks. I tend to open up all the threads I want to read in new pages. I will open 4-5 at a time and go through and read them. A lot of times they open fast. Sometimes all 5 will sit there and take forever.

So, it's not our computers- that's the good news.

I'd say I've noticed it for the last 2 weeks or so....but I only started coming to this board about that time! haha.
      F#$@ no good piece of S#$% piece of #$@#% #@$#% #$@#$ wood! Dang. - Me woodworking

Comment

• jhart
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Just did a defragment on the computer and the forum seems to work much faster now.
        Joe
        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

Working...