• Show
Clear All
  • Kristofor
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2004
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

Time delay on unread messages becoming read

When I'm browsing the site here, if I find an interesting link (often with a finished project) by the time I'm done browsing it the forum will have decided that I'm done with my visit and messages I haven't looked at yet are no longer unread/bold.

Is it possible to set that timeout longer on an individual basis or is it coded into the system as a fixed time? I've looked through the user control panel but didn't see anything.

Thanks,
    Kristofor.
  • Kristofor
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2004
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

The default behavior seems to be opening links in new windows, though I do that when browsing quite a bit anyhow. It seems to happen in IE (laptop) and Firefox (home PC), and seems to be strictly tied to how long I go without interacting with the site.

If there's not an option to set, that's okay. I'll just look at the post date time and guestimate when my last visit was. However on some bulletin board systems you can (as a user, not the admin) set your preferences to keep all messages unread until you view them or click a "Catch Up" type button, rather than having them marked read when your session ends.

This is not a significant problem by any means. It's just a minor issue and I was wondering if there was a quick fix.

Thanks, Kristofor.

Comment

Working...