• Show
Clear All
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Slow Page Loading

I'm curious if anyone else has this same problem. First of all, my computer is on a dial-up sytems so I know that explains most of my problem.

Here's the deal, many sites I visit will come up fairly quickly for me and some take a little longer. However, 3 sites I visit daily, Ridgid's, BT3Central and SawmillCreek all seem to take forever to load. Even after I get into the site,moving around is also very slow. This doesn't happen all the time but it seems to happen more times then not.

The one common denominator that I can pinpoint is that all 3 sites are vBulletin supported sites. Also, if the first site I log into is slow that day I can count on the other two to also be slow.

Does anyone else here that is also on dial-up have this same problem?
    • Oct 2003
    • Ryobi BT3100

It's slow for me and I have DSL. It's usually this site that's the slowest, not sure why. I think it just started a week or so ago.
    James

Comment

• RodKirby
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
      • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

In Oz - broadband cable - BT3 takes about 2 seconds vs a "blink" for most other sites.
      Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• Stick
        • Sep 2003
        • Grand Rapids, MB, Canada.
        • BT3100

It's slow for me at work, on high speed corporate LAN. It's actually faster on dial-up.

Comment

• Rob R
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • West, Michigan.

for you dial up kids here's a trick i use while looking at forums:

open the main forum page
          now instead of clicking on the individual discussion sections to look at, right click and choose open in new window.

when the discussion pages load do the same thing for your individual topics. you can open about 20 windows without too much problem in xp.

now you can just start reading, closing windows as you go.

this makes the dial up not seem so bad, especially for forums where a topic may get only a quick glance vs a 5 minute study. and you spend very little time actually "waiting" for pages to load.

give it a try!!!

rob

Comment

• jAngiel
            • Oct 2003
            • Ryobi BT3100

Wow! AdBlock made a huge difference for me. Not sure exactly what it does but it definitely sped things up. Thanks Larry!
            James

Comment

Working...