• bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

Can we extend the front page?

Not sure who to address this to.
    Probably Sam or Thom.

Let me start by saying that I really appreciate the fact that you gentlemen have improved the forum by upgrading software and such, as I'm sure do all of our friends. I have to state that this is by far the best WW forum anywhere, even if I can't access most of the bargains.

However, I thought I would bring something to your attention.
    I have noticed since the switch over with the new front page format that during peak times it is very possible to miss new threads and/or responses to threads we have started or participated in due to the volume relegating current items off the front page. Yes, I do realize we can subscribe, but IMHO that shouldn't be unnecessary.
    I really like the new format with current items on the front page, as it saves surfing to every individual forum to see "whassup".

I thought I was the only one doing this, but saw this reply by Keith to his own thread and Ken's response.
    http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=21214

I am wondering if it is possible to extend the number of "current" threads showing on the front page or keep threads on the front page for a set amount of time.

Maybe I just spend too darn much time on here and am becoming obsessed with reading every new item...which I do BTW.

Thank you for any response.
    Brian

Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.
  • guycox
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Romulak, VA, USA.

The way to not miss any is to use the link to "new posts" that appears in the block with your name on the front page. There is also a "New Post" menu pick on the Forum Menu Bar.
    Guy Cox

Life isn\'t like a box of chocolates...it\'s more like a jar of jalapenos.
    What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

Comment

• bigsteel15
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2006
      • Edmonton, AB
      • Ryobi BT3100

Please disregard, as I'm an idiot!!

Originally posted by guycox
      The way to not miss any is to use the link to "new posts" that appears in the block with your name on the front page. There is also a "New Post" menu pick on the Forum Menu Bar.
      DOH!!
      My bad. I never realized either of those. I've gotten so used to just looking at the front page posts.
      Last edited by bigsteel15; 06-03-2006, 01:42 AM.
      Brian

Welcome to the school of life
      Where corporal punishment is alive and well.

Comment

Working...