This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael McBroom

Configuring an Avatar

I hope this is the right place to post this message. I've just joined the forum today.

I have a 64k avatar that I would like to appear next to my name in my posts -- the way most everybody else's does, it appears. But when I go to the section of my own settings page for the avatar, the only selections that I appear to be allowed to make is a variety of state flags. I've looked all over, but I don't see a way to upload my own custom avatar, even though part of the instructions specifically refer to such a thing. So, am I blind or is there a trick to this?

Best,

Michael
  • Roger on the Rock
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006
    • St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
    • BT-3100

I've had the same problem. How exactly do you post a custom picture as your Avatar?

Cheers,

Roger

Comment

• Turaj
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
      • BT3000 (1998)

I believe you have to be a patron to have that previlage! Check "Fund Drive" under "Site Navigation". Someone else may have a more complete answer.
      Turaj (in Toronto)
      "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• dwolsten
        Established Member
        • Sep 2004
        • Chandler, AZ, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Michael McBroom
        I have a 64k avatar that I would like to appear next to my name in my posts -- the way most everybody else's does, it appears. But when I go to the section of my own settings page for the avatar, the only selections that I appear to be allowed to make is a variety of state flags. I've looked all over, but I don't see a way to upload my own custom avatar, even though part of the instructions specifically refer to such a thing. So, am I blind or is there a trick to this?
        I'd like to do the same thing. Maybe you need a certain number of posts? I don't even have 100 yet, so I'm still considered a "newbie" even though I've been here for quite a while, on and off.

Worse yet, I don't think my state's flag is even on there (Arizona).

Comment

• mschrank
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2004
          • Hood River, OR, USA.
          • BT3000

I believe Turaj's response is correct. Sam set it up so that members who contribute some financial assistance to the site get some perks...one of them being the ability to add a custom avatar.

If you'd like to contribute, go the the User CP section and look for "Paid Subscriptions" in the "Miscellaneous" section near the bottom left of the screen.

I don't know if there is a minimum amount...I'm pretty sure that contributing at the Bronze ($10.00/yr) will get you the ability to add a custom avatar.

And by the way, the Arizona flag is there for free!
          Last edited by mschrank; 05-26-2006, 12:14 PM.
          Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• mdutch
            Established Member
            • Nov 2005
            • Dallas, TX, USA.

Originally posted by Turaj
            I believe you have to be a patron to have that previlage! Check "Fund Drive" under "Site Navigation". Someone else may have a more complete answer.
            This is what I discovered.
            I sent an e-mail to the Admins asking that, then donated some money, tried it again, and BAM it took.
            Dutch·man Pronunciation (dchmn)n.
            3. Something used to conceal faulty construction.
            Another DFW BT3'er!

Comment

Working...