• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwaterdawg
    • Aug 2005
    • Washington, NC USA
    • JET

bookmarking favorite threads?

It would be nice if there were some way to "bookmark" favorite threads. In principle I could bookmark them in the browser but then I would need to keep copies at work and at home for example. It would be nice if there were some way to bookmark them "internally" for lack of a better word.

That way, for example, 4 months from now when I am finally getting around to taking a shot at building the nice CMS table that Loring just published I could just go to my favorites list and click the thread in my favorites.

Is there some way to accomplish this with the new software? Probably there is and I am just an idjut.

PS: I should add that I realize something similar, but not quite the same, could be done with "thread subscriptions". However, I don't necessarily want to add every thread I post to, to my "favorites" list.
    Last edited by jwaterdawg; 05-03-2006, 11:28 AM.
    Don't be stupid, the universe is watching.
  • wreckwriter
    Established Member
    • Mar 2006
    • South Florida
    • BT3100-1

You can subscribe to them using "thread tools" above. This will put a link in your usercp under "all subscribed threads"
    http://www.wreckwriter.com/

Comment

• kmk
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • .Portland, Oregon
      • BT3100-1

How about http://del.icio.us/? I use it regularly to share my bookmarks. You can tag each bookmark and more.

Comment

• Thom2
        Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
        • Jan 2003
        • Stevens, PA, USA.
        • Craftsman 22124

If you're running Firefox there's ways to do this through extensions and a google account.

https://addons.mozilla.org/search.ph...filter=firefox

I haven't personally tried this yet, but I should look at it a little more.
        If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
        **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• Ken Massingale
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Liberty, SC, USA.
          • Ridgid TS3650

If you create a personal Google home page, it has Bookmarks, you can then reach your Favorites from anywhere by signing on to that personal page.
          ken

Comment

• kmk
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • .Portland, Oregon
            • BT3100-1

del.ici.ous is avilable as an extension to firefox. So, it is as simple as clicking an icon on the toolbar when you want to bookmark and tag a webpage. No need to have a seperate folder for each category. just tag with proper keywords. It has already predefined keywords such as wood working

Comment

Working...