• Show
Clear All
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Home Improvement Forum

Did something happen to this forum. Only two threads when I logged on. Couldn't find any of the previous threads???

Edit: Found the problem. Had to click on the display icon to display more than the last day. Works fine now.
    Last edited by jhart; 03-12-2006, 11:31 AM.
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"
  • kmk
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • .Portland, Oregon
    • BT3100-1

I was wondering about that too. Then I noticed, below the threads, you will see Display Options. In there, you can change the settings. For some reason, it defaults to "Last day" only.

Comment

• jhart
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

It keeps reverting back to "last day". You can display them all or so by going to the display options, but won't stay in that option if click to another forum and then back to the Home improvement forum. Must be some sort of glich as rest of forums perform ok.
      Joe

Comment

• beetee3
        Established Member
        • Feb 2005
        • The Sunshine State

The "Best of the Forum" forum only shows one post too, only there is no way to get at the other posts. It's been like that since the migration.

Comment

• Deadhead
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
          • BT3100

Originally posted by jhart
          It keeps reverting back to "last day". You can display them all or so by going to the display options, but won't stay in that option if click to another forum and then back to the Home improvement forum. Must be some sort of glich as rest of forums perform ok.
          I've had the exact same problem. I can't find any setting or option to prevent it from reverting to "last day". Maybe it's on the server side?
          "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• Deadhead
            Established Member
            • Jan 2004
            • BT3100

Originally posted by beetee3
            The "Best of the Forum" forum only shows one post too, only there is no way to get at the other posts. It's been like that since the migration.
            I have the option below the only thread displayed to change it "From the 'Beginning' ". All 8 or so will display.

It's defaulted to "From the 'Last Month' " for me, but since all are older, only the stickied thread shows.
            "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• Deadhead
              Established Member
              • Jan 2004
              • BT3100

Okay, 3 in a row - that's got to be some kind of record.

Go to User CP (Control Panel), click 'Edit Option' on the left column under "Settings & Options:

Scroll down about half way, there is a section called: "Thread Dispay Options"

The last option in this section is "Default Thread Age Cut Off". Mine was set to "Use Forum Default". Select your preference from the droplist.

Don't forget to hit the "Save Changes" button at the bottom.

Comment

• jhart
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2004
                • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                • BT3100

seems to be working fine today. Must be that magical start of Spring at work, telling us that it's time to start our "home improvement" projects
                Joe

Comment

Working...