• Show
Clear All
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Quick Posts??

I really like the new site and appreciate all the work Sam and others have done on it.

Have a question on quick posts. Why do you have to wait 30 seconds for it to get posted? This seems to really slow down the idea of a quick post when responding to another post.
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"
  • rickd
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Cowichan Bay, 30 mi. north of Victoria, B.C., Canada.
    • Ryobi BT3100

hi joe,

i haven't noticed that here. when i do a quick post it is up and available within a couple of seconds. it'll be interesting to see what others are experiencing. i take it your regular posts are quicker than 30 seconds?
    rick doyle

Rick's Woodworking Website

Comment

• sacherjj
      Not Your Average Joe
      • Dec 2005
      • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
      • BT3100-1

This is a safety valve for web board software. It isn't uncommon for people to write scripts to blast a board. If there was not timeout, the script could fire rapidly and quickly bring a board's bandwidth and database to its knees. With the delay, this can be caught before it becomes a critical problem. It also stops humans from doing the same thing.
      Joe Sacher

Comment

• jhart
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
        • BT3100

Found the problem. I was clicking on the "Reply to this post" icon on the bottom right of a post rather than the "post reply" icon on the bottom left of the message. For some reason, when I first logged on to the new system, clicking on the "post reply" wouldn't let me post anything, whereas the "reply to this post Icon would.

Works great now.
        Joe
        "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• lcm1947
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Austin, Texas
          • BT 3100-1

when i do a quick post it is up and available within a couple of seconds.

I've seen it but still don't understand the need for a quick post. I mean is it just suppose to show your reply faster then the normal " Post Reply " button?
          May you die and go to heaven before the Devil knows you're dead. My Best, Mac

Comment

Working...