• Show
Clear All
  • aleuni
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Miami, FL, USA.

Another Idea

This may sould cheesy but I'll shoot

How would a classified section work out. Keep the bargins for bargins and sales in store or websites but have personal sales in a classified sections. You could maybe charge like 5% or $5 which ever is least. Or even charge to keep it up on top of the list. It may not fix the sire's econmoy but it would be a help. Obviously you would not kill someone for advetising in another sections but it would direct buyers to a particular spot.

Just a thought
    Alex
    \"No Idea is a good idea until it is your idea\" -me

http://community.webshots.com/user/aleuni
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

I've asked about adding a classified ad section on more than one occasion and the overwhelming reaction was NO! [?]

I'll see what others reply here...
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Ken Massingale
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Liberty, SC, USA.
      • Ridgid TS3650

As before, I vote Yes.. as long as the site gets $$$.
      ken

Comment

• mudder
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • I live in a house
        • Delta 36-650

Another Yes vote Sam.

I've been involved in forum's where if you tried to sell anything your post would be immediately cancelled and you would be banned.
        Ebay charges a fee, you have to pay to place an ad in the newspaper. I do not see why a small fee could not be charged to support the site. I believe that the proceeds would all benefit this site, Sam is a stand up guy.I would encourage people who wish to sell something to use the auction feature (if Sam allows it) or have a separate area for classified. Someone here may have just the thing that I have been looking for and I would never know.

Mudder

Comment

• aleuni
          Established Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Miami, FL, USA.

I am not clear on the auction feature. Are you saying that I post up something for auction and BT3central gets a profit? I assumed that these were items that Sam had and he was auctioning? Either way is great but I am not clear which one is it?
          Alex

Comment

• Sam Conder
            Woodworker Once More
            • Dec 2002
            • Midway, KY
            • Delta 36-725T2

There is no automatic provision for the site to get a provision, nor is it required. I only ask that you run an item past me first before you put it up for auction, and that it is generally woodworking related.

Most items auctioned so far were donated items, but a few people have run their own auctions.
            Sam Conder
            BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• aleuni
              Established Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Miami, FL, USA.

I was completely unaware of that. Maybe I should sell my smt and accesory table through there. What must I do then? Is that info somewhere where I can read to see exactly what I need to do?
              Alex

Comment

• dave40261
                Established Member
                • Feb 2003
                • Springfield, MO, USA.

I will cast a yes vote as well. IMHO the "Bargain Alerts" section has been slowly creeping towards a classified section anyway. If that is going to happen, we might as well have a place to put it. I would not be in favor of anyone making a sale without commissioning the forum. The honor system is ok, but you will have some join just to post. (we also seem to have a bit of that now...)

My 2 pennies.
                After careful scrutiny of the quality of fellow members signature line comments, I have determined that it would be in my best interest to abstain from further attempts at wit.

Comment

Working...