• Show
Clear All
  • dkhoward
    • Dec 2003
    • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
    • bt3000

how about a Yahoo Store>??

Sam,
    I am about to make some purchases on line and would prefer to buy them in a way that you can get at least a little benefit, but Rockler doesn't carry what I want. Have you considered setting up a Yahoo Store> In particular I am shoppin for the Veritas sharpening and honing jigs. If you have a source lets talk!

Dennis Howard
    www.geocities.com/dennishoward
    Dennis K Howard
    "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

Well...

I don't know anything about Yahoo stores, so natuarally I did a little research. From what I can tell, it is an automated e-commerce "turn-key package" that allows a merchant who has goods to sell easily create a online presence and accept credit cards, etc. For this service, Yahoo earns a pretty penny:

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/bzinfo/prod/com/

There really isn't anything I could do with a Yahoo store, since I have no goods to sell to speak of. Occasionally I pick up some micropositioners or accessory kits, but certainly nothing that would support the monthly recurring costs of a Yahoo store. Additionally, I don't operate any sort of business, and don't have any wholesale source for woodworking goods, or any goods for that matter.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I can't really find a way to make a Yahoo stoe work for BT3Central.com.
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• dkhoward
      • Dec 2003
      • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
      • bt3000

OK . . .just a thought as I sat here in my slightly senile state

Dennis
      Dennis K Howard
      "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• Tamarack
        Established Member
        • Oct 2003
        • Speedwell, TN USA
        • BT3100

Those are available at Amazon.com thru the site link. Don't you get site credit/money when we order through that link, Sam?

Paul

Comment

Working...