• Show
Clear All
  • Raffi
    Established Member
    • Sep 2003
    • CA, USA.

Forums not displaying properly in my browser

Adele, Lee, Sam, etc:

Like the new look, however the page will not always load properly in my browser (Safari 1.1.1). Sometimes OK, sometimes the left toolbar set in about two inches, sometimes columns very narrow...

Any ideas...

Raffi
  • Sam Conder
    Woodworker Once More
    • Dec 2002
    • Midway, KY
    • Delta 36-725T2

Yeah, it has been reported. Unfortunatly, I have no access to a Mac to troubleshoot the Safari browser, and Mac doesn't make Safari for Windows. I tried a Linux variant of Safari, but it renders just fine in it. If I can beg some time on a Mac sometime, I MIGHT be able to figure things out.
    Sam Conder
    BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Raffi
      Established Member
      • Sep 2003
      • CA, USA.

If I can do something on my end to troubleshoot for you let me know...I've done a bit of html in my time, and I've got access to a Mac :-)! BTW Explorer 5.2.3 for Mac renders fine. I have heard that Safari is pretty rigid about HTML spec, don't know if that's true or not...FYI

Raffi

Comment

• Eric
        • Jun 2003
        • Cocolalla, ID
        • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

Sam it looks to me that you've got a few problems with the tables.

Your colspan on a few areas is 3 in your template, I think if you do a find/replace with colspan=3 colspan=4 will solve some of the formating problems.

Comment

• Sam Conder
          Woodworker Once More
          • Dec 2002
          • Midway, KY
          • Delta 36-725T2

quote:Originally posted by eric1973

Sam it looks to me that you've got a few problems with the tables.

Your colspan on a few areas is 3 in your template, I think if you do a find/replace with colspan=3 colspan=4 will solve some of the formating problems.
          Actually, it's the way Snitz applies the virtual includes that compose the "surround". I am in the process of reworking them so that the include files have no table tags in them. Unfortunately, that means editing every asp page that calls them and that's gonna take a while.
          Sam Conder
          BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

quote:Originally posted by sconder

Actually, it's the way Snitz applies the virtual includes that compose the "surround". I am in the process of reworking them so that the include files have no table tags in them. Unfortunately, that means editing every asp page that calls them and that's gonna take a while.
            Sam,

I posted under your other post that this is now working in Safari. I appreciate your work and also those who could give you any clues to the problem.

Your hard work is really appreciated. While I do use and prefer Safari, this forum was more important to me than the bowser, so switching browsers to access this board was my greatest priority! Thanks!
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...