• Show
Clear All
  • gugie
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Redwood City, CA, USA.
    • BT3000

Why we don't need a FAQ section

What's the average time before a question is posted that you get an answer? Pretty dang short, I've noticed. There seems to even be a touch of pride among many of our members in being the first to respond.

FAQ's don't engender a community-reminds me of how I learned some software programs. I learned AutoCAD in a classroom setting. If I had a question that I couldn't quickly answer through online help or from a book, I'd lean over to the person next to me and ask. Someone within earshot would typically answer. At work in a cube maze I'd get a question about spreadsheets through the partition, walk around, and answer it when I could.

Sam, how about posting something on the home page stating that you don't have a FAQ section? They're an excuse for not having individuals giving individuals personalized answers. Just post the question here, folks, you'll get an answer right quick! I also notice that no one gets chastised for putting a question in the "wrong" section. No one seems to mind if you get lost, we'll point you in the right direction. Even some of the simplest questions get several different answers, typically without cutting down someone else's post, with exceptions o safety, code violations, and the sort.

Keep up the good work, folks.

• leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Well Gugie, I don't want to read a book or take the time to look up FAQs concerning Twins, So tell me - as I will soon be a grandpaw to twins and I need to know how to treat them. (As if I didn't already know how to treat a grandchild - I have two.)

How are your twins doing?

Hank
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• BillW
      Established Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Grapevine, TX, USA.

Mark,

I'm afraid I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this issue. I think we should absolutely have a FAQ. I think that the BT3K gods(Sam actually, but same thing ) could create a link to the Ryobi BT3K FAQ. The first question in which should be "Why don't we have a FAQ?" and the answer should be a copy of your post. Sorry to take such a contrarian viewpoint.

~Bill
      "New Quote - coming soon!"
      That's just my opinion, I could be wrong,

~Bill
      I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous!

Comment

• gugie
        Established Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Redwood City, CA, USA.
        • BT3000

quote:Originally posted by leehljp

Well Gugie, I don't want to read a book or take the time to look up FAQs concerning Twins, So tell me - as I will soon be a grandpaw to twins and I need to know how to treat them. (As if I didn't already know how to treat a grandchild - I have two.)

How are your twins doing?

Hank
        You mean these two pretty gals?

More at www.gugie.com

For the first several weeks there didn't seem to be a moment when they were both sleeping at the same time. The biggest gift my in-laws gave us was watching them while we both took naps. The first 6 weeks this was the only time me and mom were in bed at the same time.

Comment

• gugie
          Established Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Redwood City, CA, USA.
          • BT3000

quote:Originally posted by BillW

...Sorry to take such a contrarian viewpoint.

~Bill
          No problem.

Comment

Working...