• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norm in Fujino
    • Dec 2002
    • Fujino-machi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan.
    • Ryobi BT-3000

Lost messages

Is it just me? I don't get anything at all when I click on a few of the messages; one in particular is Rod's message "Some downunder thoughts ..." The TOC lists two replies but I get neither Rod's original message nor anything else.

On a couple of other messages I can see the original message but no replies, even though replies are listed on the TOC. I someone hasn't brought over the Ryobi forum "bug" to Sam's new place.

==========
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

==========
    ". . . and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Norm,

Since sometimes New Years day, I have had some minor glitches too:
    First, not all of the icons are working right for me. Many of them stay generic.
    Second, some of the headers are blacked out on mine but clear up in a Refresh. Some of the HTML code seems to be slightly squashing the text slightly.
    Third, When I - click on Active Topics, go to one Discussion group, post a message, a unique thing happens - only the Active topics in that discussion group show up as active/unread. Before New Years, All UnRead messages stayed listed as UnRead until I specifically marked them.

I wonder is this is all an HTML bug of some sort that has gone global.

Hey, after posting this, the UnRead Messages are showing up again as UnRead.

Hank
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

I have not run into either of those problems described. Has anybody else?

Sam Conder
      http://www.samconder.com
      Sam Conder
      BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Ryan F
        • Dec 2002
        • Lenexa, KS, USA.
        • 1975 Delta Unisaw / Accusquare Fence

The folder icon does not turn yellow after I have read the thread untill the next time that I visit. Refreshing does not work to correct the problem.

Another question, is it possible to have my setup so that when I click on a thread that it is somehow noticible which responces are new? Kind of like the woodnet forums. Next to all new threads it will have a little new icon and once it has been read the new vanishes.

This site is working out great thanks for all the hard work. My favorite feature is I get to choose my own password!!! I don't have to remember a87fg4d6.

Ryan Flaherty
        http://home.kc.rr.com/myworkshop/Workshop.html
        BT3000 is just a toy. Isn't it?
        Ryan Flaherty
        http://www.kcflahertys.com

Comment

• Sam Conder
          Woodworker Once More
          • Dec 2002
          • Midway, KY
          • Delta 36-725T2

Ryan:

Unfortunatly this is not a threaded forum, it's a topical forum. In the "Active Topics" section, you can "Mark all messages read" by clicking the purple/yellow folder icon on the left edge of the topmost blue bar. Make sense?

Sam Conder
          Sam Conder
          BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Stytooner
            Roll Tide RIP Lee
            • Dec 2002
            • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
            • BT3100

It works the best for me if I tell it to post new topics since my last logon and if i didn't get a chance to peruse them all then, the next time I will set it at say Active for the last 2 hours.

I haven't had any glitches at all, except maybe attacks of the senility virus, but I get that on all the Forums.

Lee
            http://www.leestyron.com
            Lee

Comment

• Norm in Fujino
              • Dec 2002
              • Fujino-machi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan.
              • Ryobi BT-3000

quote:Originally posted by sconder

I have not run into either of those problems described. Has anybody else?

Sam Conder
              Sam, I finally got part of it figured out. My browser is IE 5.5-J, which is the Japanese version; it defaults to Japanese Shift-JIS encoding, which occasionally (rarely) hangs up on strange characters. In this case, for example, the title of Rod's message "Some downunder thoughts on this forum ..." uses an encoded elipse (...) at the end that becomes a deranged character under two-byte Japanese Shift-JIS. That apparently caused (in this case, at least) the entire message to disappear. I found I could view it normally by manually changing the encoding to Western European ISO.
              There might be a way to prevent this on your side as well. On your code pages, you include a "meta" line at the top but it omits any "charset" designation. If that is a deliberate design choice on your part, I can't say anything, but if it's simply an oversight, you might add the command
              charset="ISO-88559-1"
              to the meta line and it will (or should) force non-US browsers to automatically encode properly.

At any rate, everything is working for me now, so long as I manually set encoding to Western European.

==========
              "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."

==========
              ". . . and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."

Comment

Working...