• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norm in Fujino
    • Dec 2002
    • Fujino-machi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan.
    • Ryobi BT-3000

Hey, I like it!

Very well done, Sam!. If Ryobi doesn't get their code together soon, there very well will be an exodus. Hope you can rationalize the expense of keeping the site going, though.

==========
    "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

==========
    ". . . and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
  • RodKirby
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
    • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Hi Norm,

Based on what I've seen so far, I'd be prepared to pay for this.

I consider I'm loyal to the BT3x and all WW'ers, not the Ryobi forums.
    Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• Sam Conder
      Woodworker Once More
      • Dec 2002
      • Midway, KY
      • Delta 36-725T2

Norm (and everyone else):

Thanks for the kind words. Part of the experiment is to see how much drive space this takes up. Luckily, my hosting service does not charge for bandwidth, just disk usage.

It is starting to become another costly hobby, but it's fun. Shortly after 9/11 my Rockler commissions dropped off. I haven't gotten a check from them for over three months now. I don't ever want to turn this site into a "pay site" but I have considered adding a "donation request". I just hate to beg. [B)]

Anyway, thanks for coming over and it will be interesting how well this software performs once we get a few more posts. I am going to check with Ryobi and make sure I'm not "stepping on their toes." If not, the forum may very well stay put.

Thanks again,

Sam Conder
      http://www.samconder.com
      Sam Conder
      BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

I wouldn't mind donating to the cause if it comes to that. [^]

I don't know what toes you could possibly be stepping on. Ryobi are the ones that have had us plodding and pleading for some improvement. This may happen soon, but i'll have to believe when I see it.[}]
        I'd still check out the Ryobi forum the usual way. I'd just check this one out too. Great Job again. Thanks.[:I]

Lee
        Lee

Comment

• Flores
          Established Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Fort Worth, Texas, USA.

Looking good so far Sam. You mentioned that you have considered adding a "donation request". They have that on one of the engineering forums that I am on.

It goes like this:
          This site is member supported. Please make a contribution to the site today. Generous members and visitors keep this site running smoothly. Let's keep it that way.

If you'd like to make a monthly contribution, just click on one of the buttons below. ($5 or more through PayPal)

Click the button below to make a one-time contribution. Donations typically range from $10 - $100. (Through PayPal)

For those who prefer check or money order (It then has the physical address to send it to)

Just a suggestion.

Flores
          Flores

Comment

• Norm in Fujino
            • Dec 2002
            • Fujino-machi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan.
            • Ryobi BT-3000

quote:Originally posted by sconder

Norm (and everyone else):

I am going to check with Ryobi and make sure I'm not "stepping on their toes." If not, the forum may very well stay put.
            There's not much way you could be stepping on anybody's toes, Sam. If Ryobi moderated their own forum, or had a tech rep onboard regularly to give users some feedback, I might think otherwise, but their response is nil, and they don't even keep the code well behaved.

==========
            "...and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."

==========
            ". . . and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."

Comment

• timewizard
              Forum Newbie
              • Dec 2002
              • East Meadow, NY, USA.

Sam, this is a great start to a neat site. You put a lot of time and hard work into making it hapen. Where I come from, folks get paid for their time and hard work. I think it is adminable that you aren't looking to make a profit off of this site, and if a contribution from myself and other users will help you keep it up and running, tell me how much and how often.
              Again, great job. Now tell us what we can do to help.

John Nikiel in New York
              A Lifelong Termite
              John
              \"Sometimes it\'s not enough that we do what is required, sometimes we must do what is necessary!\"

Comment

• Sam Conder
                Woodworker Once More
                • Dec 2002
                • Midway, KY
                • Delta 36-725T2

Well guys, I have put a PayPal donation buton on my "Support" page (http://www.samconder.com/bt3k/ads.htm) as well as my snail mail address for anyone wishing to use that method. Thanks for the encouragement and the advice on the subject.

Sam Conder
                http://www.samconder.com
                Sam Conder
                BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...