Clear All
  • Jeff
    • Jan 2003
    • Beaumont, CA, USA.
    • BT6000

Well I`m kind of stuck as to what to do with my

quote:Originally posted by Jeff

(576, plus or minus)

Well, they should be arriving from the plater on or about wednesday, gold ones in 5/16-18, blue ones in 1/4-20, pilot hole ones in silver steel.
    I can't wait to see the blue ones, never have seen blue zinc myself.
    BTW, they are modified for the plastic ends, and the pilot hole sizes are a very limited edition at this point, and probably 1/3 of them are already destined for Japan and England. But I still have some more and no one has placed a regular order for any.
    Also, the prices were reduced slightly to account for change in shipping.

If you guys have pictures of them in use, send them my way and I'll post them on the site, and if you have a write-up on a project or jig or whatever, send those too!
    If anyone plans to order additional t-nuts (ie repeat customers), please contact me via email first (so I can give some kind of repeat customer discount-- haven't automated that part yet).

Jeff in Beaumont
    http://t-nuts.com/bt3c
    Chromosomes: Monkeys, 44. Humans, 46. Sweet potato, 48. Przewalski's Horse, 66. Forest fern, 144.
    Evolution? Yeah right.
    Well, they are in, I have them in my truck and will begin boxing tonight for shipping beginning tomorrow.

A quick note on the "blue" zinc......It seems that the plating company's idea of blue is a bit off, since the machinist and I both agree, in whole, that they look silver.

"This is blue?" he asked them. "It looks like silver."
    >>"That's what blue looks like."
    "So why don't they just call it silver?"
    >>"Cuz it's not. It's blue. That's the way it looks."
    "Howcome I got some from you guys before that were BLUE blue?"
    >>"Those were anodized."

What can you do.

I told him to ask them for some SAMPLES of all the zinc plated steel colors they have so we can know what we are going to get.

Anyway, the silver zinc steel actually looks pretty good, shiny like silver with a hint of blue. I'll have pics when I get them taken and posted.

I am afraid to ask for red zinc......don't know if slightly-off pink would go well with all y'all....

Jeff in Beaumont
    http://t-nuts.com/bt3c
    Chromosomes: Monkeys, 44. Humans, 46. Sweet potato, 48. Przewalski's Horse, 66. Forest fern, 144.
    Evolution? Yeah right.
    Jeff in Beaumont, the OLD T-Nuts guy

Evolution? Yeah right.
  • Jim-Iowa
    • Mar 2005
    • Colfax, Iowa, USA.

Well I`m kind of stuck as to what to do with my

Workshop?
    The previous owner has built in a cabinet with worksurface up front and a 10` counter top. I can paint it and the pegboard above it and then put a new hardboard top on(no problem).
    The eastwall is a 28` run of that awfull dark panneling(scraps he pieced in). Since this is Where most of my tools(and the desk with my reloading equipment) need to be lined up when not in use I would like to have pegboard in that area as well(can you have too much pegboard?).
    I would rather not, tear off all the paneling. And mess with resetting all the electrical boxes etc. I should add there is some surface conduit and phone wires that would need moved if I tear it out.
    He did a nice job of putting a 2X4 box every 4 ft and they are 4 ft off the floor.
    What wold you think of mounting the pegboard on french cleats above the electrical outlets? That would allow me to lift the panels off if I ever needed to access the surface wiring?
    Sanity is just a one trick pony. Being a bit Crazy is a wide open field of opportunity!

Comment

• JR
      The Full Monte
      • Feb 2004
      • Eugene, OR
      • BT3000

Jim,

I think it's great idea to use pegboard in the way you've envisioned. I'm not sure about the freanch cleats, though. For me, pegs are hinky enough without having a solid foundation. How about building up 2x2 frame and mount the pegboad to that? Use screws and you can still take it down easily enough.

Oh. Paint everything white. Right now. It'll brighten things up considerable. Once you're in you won't want to do it (DAMHIKT).

JR
      JR

Comment

• monte
        Forum Windbag
        • Dec 2002
        • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
        • GI 50-185M

Good idea Jim. Take JR's advise as well and paint the dark paneling a light color too.
        Monte (another darksider)
        Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• Jim-Iowa
          • Mar 2005
          • Colfax, Iowa, USA.

Well, I have started this project.
          I have had 3 24X48 1/4" pegboard panels for several years.
          A bit of measuring showed that going above the outlets, I could only reach a bit further. So going higher than I could reach would be a waste.
          I started making frames last night.
          They won`t be installed for a few weeks, when I get my vacation.
          There is a desk( move to where freezer now is),bed headboard(to the bedroom), freezer( to the porch), cabinet(to the porch)entertainment center( to daughters bedroom) and a wall mounted shelf to be scraped(with my reloading equipment,a cabinet needs to be built) that has to be moved.
          I am not at all sure why these things get built or repaired and never get moved out of my shop?
          Before I can paint the wall. Then I can mount the pegboard and 16` of wire shelving(wife bought for one project then changed her mind).
          I may use this for racking long lumber pieces?
          Sanity is just a one trick pony. Being a bit Crazy is a wide open field of opportunity!

Comment

Working...