• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DW
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2005
    • CA.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00035.asp

Followed these instructions a year ago and have never even thought about handling a sheet on the TS by myself since. Add a stout piece to the bottom perpendicular to the cut and it squares itself.

DW

Comment

• ejs1097
      Established Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

In addition to a sawboard I made a grid from 1x4 pine. 2 8' lengths fit over my sawhorses. Then 4 4' legnths halflap over the 8' boards. I find this much easier then a foam board on the floor since I'm cutting at a much more comfortable height and have better control of the circular saw. No part of the sheet is un-supported so you don't have to worry about binding or sagging material.

The whole thing comes apart and stores very easily.
      Eric
      Be Kind Online

Comment

• mdudley

Eric, what a great idea to use half lap joints. I am gong to play with that idea. I was trying to figure out how to store my sacrificial table. What a perfect solution. I could take it apart and store it on a high shelf. Only thing is now I would need saw horses. How could I store saw horse out of the way? Hmmm...

Comment

• Thom2
          Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
          • Jan 2003
          • Stevens, PA, USA.
          • Craftsman 22124

like this ......

Sawboard Photos

the prerequisite for mine was that it take up as little space as possible, and I think I've pretty well succeeded [8D]

Thom
          sawboarder in PA
          If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
          **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

• LarryG
            The Full Monte
            • May 2004
            • Off The Back
            • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Another way to easily store sawhorses is to build them using those inexpensive metal brackets that allow the legs to fold in together. About three or four bucks for a pair.

Alternatively, there are many designs for knock-down horses, usually made of 3/4" plywood.
            Larry

Comment

• ejs1097
              Established Member
              • Mar 2005
              • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

quote:Originally posted by mdudley

Only thing is now I would need saw horses. How could I store saw horse out of the way? Hmmm...
              Like Thom, I have collapsable(sp) saw horses. I'm cheap and used 1x4 pine. If you do that, you might have to re-insforce the boards on the sides of the halflaps to provide a little extra strength (one of my long runners split, but was fixable). I used little blocks of ferring strips for that.

The halflaps allow the cross memebers and runner to be flush and works good.
              Eric
              Be Kind Online

Comment

Working...