Clear All
  • kenshep
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2004
    • Lutz, FL, USA.
    • BT3K

Fine Workworking Tools and Shops Issues No. 174

Hi,
    There's a pretty neat article on shop setup in this annual issue. The author has provided templates of the major tools to let you move paper around grid paper to get your shop just right. I need to dedicate part of the garage to my shop, I want the two car bay, but the LOML may have other ideas. This article will let me test out the one bay option and the two bay option. I think I'll be able to keep an assembly table in the two bay side, so the smaller room may be easier to heat and control dust.
    If you want to go 3d on your shop design, he mentioned some software called sketchup. You can check it out on www.sketchup.com
    2D only let's you do the floor plan, 3d let's you do some vertical design, (cabinent placement, pegboard, etc.).
    Ken

BT3K Born on date: Year 92 Week 37
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

quote:Originally posted by kenshep

Hi,
    There's a pretty neat article on shop setup in this annual issue. The author has provided templates of the major tools to let you move paper around grid paper to get your shop just right. I need to dedicate part of the garage to my shop, I want the two car bay, but the LOML may have other ideas. This article will let me test out the one bay option and the two bay option. I think I'll be able to keep an assembly table in the two bay side, so the smaller room may be easier to heat and control dust.
    If you want to go 3d on your shop design, he mentioned some software called sketchup. You can check it out on www.sketchup.com
    2D only let's you do the floor plan, 3d let's you do some vertical design, (cabinent placement, pegboard, etc.).
    I went to the Sketchup site to check it out. The demo is good for 8 hours, but the purchase price (burried about four pages down) is $495!! [:0] Although Sketchup has some nice features, I'll stick with Corel Draw and Turbocad.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• dlminehart
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • San Jose, CA, USA.

$495 is quite a bit steep for this weekend warrior. I'm still debating about the $150 for Design Intuition. The 3D, transparency, and other capabilities are tempting.
      - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• kenshep
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2004
        • Lutz, FL, USA.
        • BT3K

Found tiny cad researching a reply for another site. Download it free from here:

http://www.sss-mag.com/swindexa.html#cad
        Ken

BT3K Born on date: Year 92 Week 37

Comment

Working...