• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Some shop time on 7/26/2015

Shop time is still sporadic but got some time in this afternoon. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a 4x8 overhead storage system made by SafeRacks from Woot. It was $150 before tax and shipping which wasn't a great deal, but better than full retail. Anyway, I got it because I recently gave my canoe to my parents and now have open ceiling space. The canoe had been hanging in the back of the shop for 6+ years. I'm out of wall space for storage and the only place to go was up. The install wasn't hard but I don't like how the horizontal braces attach to the hanging brackets. Aside from that, the system is solid once everything is knocked together. I've got 11' ceilings in my shop and this thing hangs 33" from the ceiling. It's supposed to hold up to 600lbs but I don't plan on getting to that. I am going to move my DC piping below the rack and also hang one of my ladders from it. I may hang one of the fluorescent lights from there, too.

My benchtop drill press sits on a cart underneath that corner shelf. I'm trying to decide if I should make a cabinet for my hand tools. Problem is it's the opposite side of the shop from my workbench.

Paul
Working...