• Show
Clear All
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

Ready, Set, Go...

It's finally consistently above freezing here so I started to set up the shop/garage. Many new additions from last year to be added but a thought I'd post the starting point.
    k509/media/mft%202%20top_zpsqvs6dzmm.jpg.html][/URL]
    k509/media/mft%202%20top_zpsqvs6dzmm.jpg.html]
    [/URL]/a/
    Last edited by bigstick509; 03-13-2015, 07:44 AM.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

Mike,

OK, I will bite. That looks like an oversized MFT top sitting on a stand for a miter saw. Is that what it is?

Jim

Comment

• ArtworksIII
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2015
      • Spokane Wa
      • Craftsman

[QUOTE=bigstick509;535816]It's finally consistently above freezing here so I started to set up the shop/garage. Many new additions from last year to be added but a thought I'd post the starting point.

What's your first project????Click image for larger version

Name:	1173857_521112821342161_1976477670_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	787128

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2007
        • Buena Park, CA
        • CM 21829

Mike, looks nice, but far too clean. Reminiscent of Rod Kirby's saw-dust-free shop. Hope you can get to making some sawdust soon.
        Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park
          Mike, looks nice, but far too clean. Reminiscent of Rod Kirby's saw-dust-free shop. Hope you can get to making some sawdust soon.

A good work platform/layout table sure helps in getting stated. Is that what yours is?

My mind is still working on three projects to help me get organized: stationary miter aw stand, tool box tower (to put all of those tool cases) and build a two router - router center like I had in Japan.

Gotta start somewhere. Honestly, I need a good table that does more than hold the left overs from the last project!

AW111: This is the "Shop Setup, Layout, and Design" forum. That IS the project in this section.
          Last edited by leehljp; 03-13-2015, 07:06 AM.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• bigstick509
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Macomb, MI, USA.
            • BT3100

Originally posted by JimD
            Mike,

OK, I will bite. That looks like an oversized MFT top sitting on a stand for a miter saw. Is that what it is?

Jim
            Yes, two MFT tops on Dewalt stand. It can also take the mitre saw at one end.
            [/URL]nu

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• bigstick509
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2004
              • Macomb, MI, USA.
              • BT3100

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park
              Thanks, high praise referencing Rod's shop but not enough MDF to even compete. LOL
              Unfortunately saw dust making is a very slow process these days. Mostly just puttering around.

Mike

Comment

• ArtworksIII
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2015
                • Spokane Wa
                • Craftsman

Puttering around has it's place. say if your working with plans then you putter and mull over them in your mind. Wood work is busy work.

Comment

Working...