• Show
Clear All
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

Snap Shots/Festool MFT Clone

At $625.00 the real MFT was not in my budget so I decided to get a replacement top.
    It still gives be most of the benefits of the real thing with the exception of the perimeter rails. When used with the track saw, quas and parf dogs, festool clamps and modified kreg clamps it did every thing that I needed.

[URL=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/bigstick509/media/IMG_1211_zps5e5e360a.jpg.html]

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain
  • Neal
    Established Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
    • Ryobi BT3000

My question about these types of tables comes down to this....

1. THe key to these types of tables is having the holes in perfect alignment.

2. If your drill press can't cut two feet into a sheet of 4' wide stuff, how do you make the holes accurately?

In other words, How did you do it?

Comment

• jussi
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Neal
      My question about these types of tables comes down to this....

1. THe key to these types of tables is having the holes in perfect alignment.

2. If your drill press can't cut two feet into a sheet of 4' wide stuff, how do you make the holes accurately?

In other words, How did you do it?
      You can buy replacement mft tops from festool. Which I think is what he did.

If you want to make one yourself, the only way I've seen it done, besides a cnc machine, is to you a Festool LR32 system.
      I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• bigstick509
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Macomb, MI, USA.
        • BT3100

Originally posted by jussi
        You can buy replacement mft tops from festool. Which I think is what he did.

If you want to make one yourself, the only way I've seen it done, besides a cnc machine, is to you a Festool LR32 system.
        That is correct, the alignment of the 20mm holes make the whole table function as intended. Quick You Tube search of MFT will clarify, I think vid's done by Paul Marciel and Peter Parfia are good examples. Spelling of both last names are not exact.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• cray-
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2013
          • Perth, AUS

Template and a router with a 3/4" spiral upcut bit. I've been researching how to drill bench dog holes recently and came across this method, seems pretty accurate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKMYD8jYWWQ
          Michael

Comment

Working...