• Show
Clear All
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

Snap Shots / Clamp and Assembly Table

Inspiration for this was taken from the Rockler and Kreg tables. Both are priced around $250.00 which was to rich for my liking. I already had the 1" panel and the t-track was less then $50.00. I looked a long time for the t-track that would be compatible with the festool clamps and 1/4-20 nuts and bolts. Beside Incra these were the only ones I could source, at $1.96 per foot + shipping. Out of pocket was around $2.35 total. Very good company and easy to deal with.http://www.orangealuminum.com/t-track.html

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain
  • BadeMillsap
    • Dec 2005
    • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
    • Grizzly G1023SL

Mike

I really like the track table! Did you buy the intersection pieces from the same company or make them from straight track or???
    "Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
    Bade Millsap
    Bulverde, Texas
    => Bade's Personal Web Log
    => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• bigstick509
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Macomb, MI, USA.
      • BT3100

I don't remember if the t-track company sold t-track points but exploring other sources all were over priced in my opinion. I ended up cutting them myself on the CMS.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

I was going to ask you the same thing about the intersections. That's really cool. Nice work.

Comment

• cray-
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2013
          • Perth, AUS

Nice work, I'm curious why you've left the 4 bolt heads on the corners sitting proud of the surface? Don't they get in the way, risk marring your work piece or do they serve some purpose which I'm missing?
          Michael

Comment

• bigstick509
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Macomb, MI, USA.
            • BT3100

Cap head bolts are used for leveling. It will make more sense after you see tomorrows Snap Shots of the day.

Mike

Comment

• tfischer
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2003
              • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
              • BT3100

Very cool! I want one

Comment

• bigstick509
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Macomb, MI, USA.
                • BT3100

Originally posted by cray-
                Nice work, I'm curious why you've left the 4 bolt heads on the corners sitting proud of the surface? Don't they get in the way, risk marring your work piece or do they serve some purpose which I'm missing?
                The bolt heads were just not run in in that particular pic. They do serve as leveling adjustment when used with the cut table.

Mike

Comment

• Neal
                  Established Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
                  • Ryobi BT3000

Nice. I might borrow this idea when I build my Ultimate Tool Stand in a few weeks. Looks good and should be useful.

Comment

• JoeyGee
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

Very cool. I've often though about building something like that. Also love seeing the Skil X-Bench. I love mine. I wish they still made them.

Thanks for the daily shots!
                    Joe

Comment

• bigstick509
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2004
                      • Macomb, MI, USA.
                      • BT3100

Originally posted by JoeyGee
                      Very cool. I've often though about building something like that. Also love seeing the Skil X-Bench. I love mine. I wish they still made them.

Thanks for the daily shots!
                      Every once in a while I check to see if any X-Benchs come up with a Google search. I wish I had bought a couple. I guess e-bay or craigslist are the remaining options, unfortunately I'm not comfortable with either.

Mike

Comment

• cray-
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Nov 2013
                        • Perth, AUS

Originally posted by bigstick509
                        The bolt heads were just not run in in that particular pic. They do serve as leveling adjustment when used with the cut table.
                        Aha! Gotcha. Nice setup, good re-purposing of the trestle table legs, why re-invent the wheel eh?
                        Michael

Comment

• JoeyGee
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2005
                          • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                          • BT3100-1

Originally posted by bigstick509
                          Every once in a while I check to see if any X-Benchs come up with a Google search. I wish I had bought a couple. I guess e-bay or craigslist are the remaining options, unfortunately I'm not comfortable with either.
                          Yep, they didn't last long. I have been searching for years to get a tail vise attachment, but have never been able to find one.
                          Joe

Comment

Working...