• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

More shop progress...

I got the Sliding miter saw dust hood built, more or less, and discovered some serious design flaws. I can fix them fairly easily, but it will look funny. At this point, I am trying to build the hood out of scrap, or at least minimal investment. We will see how well that works...

I spent a HUGE amount of time today cleaning up the shop as well. Had no idea I was spending that much time out there, but, well I just walked back in. I installed a simple 2x4 cutoff block to lower the hook for hanging the 10' ladder, now no more hitting the braces for hte overhead doors, although the ladder is now hanging somewhat low. I can no longer clear the ladder by the space between the doors...

I cut and installed slats on the base of the workbench to act as a shelf of sorts, yes it was recycling scrap plywood. The base however firmed up VERY nicely. I no longer absolutely hate the bench...

I put a mess of totes up into the attic, and although I have more to do, it is staring to resemble a shop, and not a crud catcher...

I also installed the riser for my band saw dust collection, so now opening / closing the blast gate will no longer be a painful event...

The few remainders of Christmas in the living room, okay except for the lighted tin star, which I need to figure out which bulb went out so I can get it back and working, is up in the attic again. The stuff that is sensitive to heat is in the guest room closet. I guess my sister in law will have a ho ho suprise when they come to visit!

Tomight I need to put the battery charger on the truck's battery, and get it fully charged. Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a workout for the electrical sysstem. I am going to drench the ground by a couple of old, bush root balls, hook a heavy screw hook into the, and get to work with the winch on the truck.. Good thing the truck doesn't have to move too far! I still need help getting that transmission pulled, seals replaced, and then reinstalled... Ugh.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...