• Show
Clear All
  • Woodboy
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2004
    • Lakewood, Colorado.
    • BT3100

Cyclone - Clear Vue or not?

I am going to just throw this out there - I have been trying to decide on whether or not to buy a cyclone for my shop for several years. I have reviewed most of the small portable cyclones (machine to machine portables), but have room for a large wall mounted model too. A lung issue a couple of years ago reminded me of the health benefits of a top notch dust control system and how important guarding one's pulmonary health can be.

Most of the data and reviews out on the web seem pretty dated.

If one has the money and the space to go with the Pentz designed Clearvue model is it a wise choice? Mr. Pentz is quite the evangelist on this topic and very opinionated - I'd like a real world recommendation from someone that has used the product.

Any experience out there with the portable cyclones? Laguna, Grizzley, Delta, etc.?

Your help would be appreciated.
    "Life is tough, where a cup"
    Dennis Miller
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I know that Marc Spagnolo of The Wood Whisperer fame (?) uses a clearvue cyclone. I don't think they're any more expensive than the other brands, and I don't think the other ones are any better quality overall. So given that, I'd go with a smaller producer that will probably give better customer service.

But I'm not personally experienced, so take that with a block of salt.

Comment

Working...