• Show
Clear All
  • Sweet Willy
    Established Member
    • May 2011
    • Near Chattanooga, TN
    • ridgid 3650

new outfeed table after all these years

Over 6 years ago I bought a bunch of roller slats for $1 each planning on making a outfeed table for my TS. I finally did it and it works great. I don't usually post pics of my shop because it's always a mess. But, if anyone of you say something about what a mess it is, you're out of the Will! When I put my shop together the overriding decision was to be sure every piece of machinery had at least 8' on either end (except for the lathe). Without a doubt it was the best decision I made.
    Attached Files
    In my old age I look back and realize how lucky I was to live in a time when common sense was common.
    Dennis

Sweet Willy
    sigpic
  • JSUPreston
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Montgomery, AL.
    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

I have no room to criticize anyone's shop. In mine, along with the tools and required dust, scraps, etc., I have two Pontiac Viscount (PMD) seats in a Sony stereo box, and one quarter of a Trans Am sitting on the floor. They literally cut 1/4 of the car up when I went to the scrap yard and put it in the bed of my truck. I need it for the Trans Am my son and I are building.

Because of my mess, I cut my leg up so badly a couple of months ago on the edge of the sheet metal from the car that I almost needed stitches. I do have a nice, permanent scar to show for my efforts.

I've wanted to do an outfeed similar to yours, but obviously I don't have the space.
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• jwd12
      Established Member
      • Jun 2005
      • Dyer, In..
      • BT3100

I'm guessing the wife/SO does not want her car in the garage, which, come to think of it, makes a messy shop a great idea. The out-feed table looks very useful.
      I am praying for patience but extremely upset that it takes so long.

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Very cool set up. Those assemblies work very well. I did a similar setup for cutting and sanding glass for showcases and displays with a wet belt sander. It makes the movement almost effortless.

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

Nice set up! Zero friction problems with hte outfeed table.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• Sweet Willy
            Established Member
            • May 2011
            • Near Chattanooga, TN
            • ridgid 3650

Actually when we first bought the house my wife wanted to park her car on one side of the shop. But, it didn't take long for her to come to the realization that is was a PITA opening and closing the garage door everytime she left for work or came home. That's when she said it was all mine to do with as I please. She's a good woman I tell ya.
            In my old age I look back and realize how lucky I was to live in a time when common sense was common.
            Dennis

Sweet Willy
            sigpic

Comment

Working...