X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dadshideout
    Forum Newbie
    • Jun 2007

super dust deputy

Anyone have a super dust deputy. Thinking of getting one and was curious if there was a lot of suction lost with the extra equipment in line.
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

I don't have one, but I am considering one--at least the $40 cyclone only option. I have plenty of 5 gallon buckets. As far as the suction goes, from what I have read there isn't a great deal of suction loss.

I figure if there is any loss, it will be more than made up by the lack of loss when the filter normally gets caked with dust without any sort of separator.
    Joe

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Don't have one but, based on a ShopNotes article, I built a cart around my vac and Thien seperator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p_00317.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	785948

Click image for larger version

Name:	p_00318.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	785949

Didn't notice a lot if difference in the vac performance.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• dadshideout
        Forum Newbie
        • Jun 2007

So would it be safe to assume the larger super dust deputy wouldn't affect a full sized DC?

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

I have a dust deputy, the little plastic one for shop vacumns. I think it works great. I have it hooked up to my little 6 gallon shop vacumn which has a cleansweep air filter. The vacumn worked well but filled up fast and then the filter was all clogged. Adding the dust deputy means the vacumn never fills up and the filter never needs cleaned. I've filled the 5 gallon bucket a couple times now without touching the shop vacumn.

I don't know if a super dust deputy is enough better than a thien separator to be worth the money but I know I like my little dust deputy. The most recent FWW shops issue tested separators and indicated the simple trash can lid separators were only a little worse than the dust deputy.

Jim

Comment

Working...