• Show
Clear All
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

3in rigid PVC works for Bandsaw DC app

My Delta bandsaw DC wasn't the best, being only a 4in port in the middle side front area of the lower wheel and nowhere near the blade, so I tried to run some black sewer PVC to a 2-1/2in T and use shopvac hose to get closer to the blade (shown below)... Good, but not great. After getting progressively discontented with this, I decided to upgrade to a 3in rigid PVC setup, as shown below (in the white piping). Much better airflow and picking up almost all the below table dust, including off the guide block/thrust bearing assembly. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill in Buena Park; 03-25-2011, 10:47 PM.
    Bill in Buena Park
  • sweensdv
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • WI
    • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Nice setup Bill but how are you achieving more air flow if the hose is still only 2½"?

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Buena Park, CA
      • CM 21829

Thanks Dave. Actually, the line is 3in thinwall, so ID is pretty close to 3in. In my former application, I had connected the 2.5in shopvac line to a wand, which actually necked it down to something closer to 2in ID. So the 2in ID is ~3.2 sq in where the 3in ID is ~7 sq in. The picture below tells the story.
      Attached Files
      Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• sweensdv
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • WI
        • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Thanks Bill, I really do like that idea and may just have too see if I can't do something similar with my Rikon.

Comment

Working...