X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G8rgrad98
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2010

Foam Floor tiles for garage floor

Sears has these: http://www.amazon.com/Interlocking-A.../dp/B002YE60OA going on sale for $10 a pack (24 sq ft) this Friday and Saturday. Has anyone used these? It'd cost me about $200 to cover my garage floor, which is about the same as it would cost me to patch/caulk and epoxy. And would sure use a lot less time.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

I use the gray tiles from HF in areas where I stand a lot--in front of the TS
    and in front of my workbench. I personally wouldn't cover my entire floor
    because some of my tools are mobile and probably wouldn't roll too well on
    those mats. If all your tools are stationary, then it's probably not a big deal.

My kid's daycare has mats like this and I think sawdust would have a high
    affinity to it compared to bare concrete. Maybe sweeping would be difficult.
    I don't know for sure. I just pick up my mats, shake them clean, and sweep
    the dust off the concrete.

Paul

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

I think those are a lot like the grey ones you can get at Harbor Freight or Big Lots. I've seen some multicolored ones like that at Sam's too, but I never really looked closely at them.

I'm not sure if you want to cover the whole floor with them though. The grey ones I have will crush under heavy weight.

There's some discussion in this thread in Bargan Alerts of anti fatigur mats. http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=52083
      Erik

Comment

• steve-norrell
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • The Great Land - Alaska
        • BT3100-1

I second Paul's comment. And, yes, heavy stuff does not roll over the pads very well, even with three-inch, or larger, casters. I got mine (gray only) at either HD or Lowe's.

My 'shop' is also my garage so I only use them around the work area. We get a lot of moisture from melting ice and snow (off the cars during the winter) and they would not be practical over the enter garage floor.

Regards, Steve.

Comment

• G8rgrad98
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2010

Good to know! I think I'll pass on this then. What I'd really like would be those nice rolls of padding you see in fitness centers. Easily rolled out and seamed into a solid floor, easy to roll on, but also easy on the feet/back. I think I'll keep holding out for finding that!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...