• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

'Tis Said That A Bad Day In The Shop

is better than a good day at work. I'm not sure that is correct. Had a thoroughly frustrating time in the shop last night. Couldn't take a drill apart to fix a balky trigger. I need a torx screwdriver I don't have. Finally finishing the router table attachment I've had for almost 2 years but realized it is not wide enough. Then of course there is the rail issue with the PM66. Finally, when I crank the blade all the way up on the PM the arbor pulley hits the bottom of the table.

OTOH, I get to go buy another too to fix the drill. I had the pleasure of cutting a 36x50ish" old table top down on the PM to make the new router table top. On my BT the saw table was nowhere near big enough. I discovered the arbor pulley issue while the saw was off. I have a fix for that. Things are looking up already.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Originally posted by crokett
    is better than a good day at work.

What is bad is when a bad day at work is the shop.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Originally posted by cabinetman
      What is bad is when a bad day at work is the shop.
      Agreed... When your work is in the shop, you don't have a shop to escape to for therapeutic purposes...

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
        Agreed... When your work is in the shop, you don't have a shop to escape to for therapeutic purposes...

Almost makes one tender the thought of taking a part time job at night just to have the "escape". But then, there are those late afternoons that a glue up took too long, or just one more cabinet to assemble, that go on into the night.

Comment

Working...