• Ridgid R4512

It would be a Bus bar.

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks Mike. I pulled them late last night and inspected them. They didn't seem cracked or otherwise stressed. I bent them back into place and put the main breaker back in, it all seems pretty solid. I pulled a PN also and called a distributor today. They said they couldn't order it. I will pull one back out and take it in tomorrow to see if they can be ordered. If they can't I will put them back and let the electrician inspect them Sunday.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

Google search the numbers and see if you can find anything.

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

I did that already and got bupkus. Also checked Siemens' website. They aren't listed as a replacement part available for my panel. I'm going to take them in tomorrow and see if I can find replacements. If I can't I will wait and see what the electrician says but I think they may be ok. Like I said, there isn't any visible evidence of damage. I think I'm being a little too paranoid but I tend to do that when there is a risk of a fire.
          Last edited by crokett; 08-19-2009, 07:33 PM.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• rnelson0
            Established Member
            • Feb 2008
            • Midlothian, VA (Richmond)
            • Firestorm FS2500TS

Cable labels are worth the money. You can also buy a cable labeller, but probably not worth it unless you do that frequently. $20 will save you $200 easily over the course of a few years. There are some other cable sheets you can buy for cheaper at an electrical shop, but I could not find them online in 10 seconds.

As for the bus bars, I would see about replacing the box if you cannot replace them. They are probably okay, but if there is a slight gap between the parts, you could easily get a fire that ends up burning the whole thing down. Those are not handling small voltage/ampage and they already have some stress on them, better safe than sorry IMO.

Comment

Working...