• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hermit
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Somerset, PA, USA.

shop gloat

Many of you may know that I have been a member here since the site started, although I don't post much anymore (but I still check in a couple times a week to read some posts), so I just had to mention that my new shop is in the current issue of WOOD's Americas Best Homeworkshops. Mine is the "Moving on Up" profile. I have to mention that I got my start in woodworking thanks to the fine folks on this site, and before its inception, on Ryobi's site. I started with a BT3K, but I sold it about 2 years ago. This is the only forum I ever check, and I owe a lot of my woodworking knowledge to the helpful people here.

Thanks again, and if anyone wants an autograph let me know!

Todd
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Cool! I've always liked those issues.

How do shops get into those? Are most sent in by the owner or maybe a friend?
    Erik

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

There is a new issue of that out, right? I meant to pickup a copy at the news stand.

Comment

• John Hunter
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Lake Station, IN, USA.
        • BT3000 & BT3100

Congratulations!
        John Hunter

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

Todd, I just saw the article and the shop pics - especially liked your plywood "plank floor" solution. That's a wonderfully spacious workshop you have there, and very nicely outfitted. Congrats on being published!
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• bigstick509
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Macomb, MI, USA.
            • BT3100

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Congrats! It's nice when one of our own gets his props.

Comment

• Jim Boyd
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Montgomery, Texas, USA.
                • Delta Unisaw

Now that yours is famous and you don't want to get it dirty,,,,,,,,,,wanna come over and help clean mine?
                Jim in Texas and Sicko Ryobi Cult Member ©

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Congratulations hermit.. I subscribe to FWW mag since #3 and glance through PW occasionallly, so I am not overly familar with all the mags on the market. Is the WOOD America's Best Home Workshop's a special edition with just work-shops or.. in the standard monthly (I assume) issue?

I've got to drop by Lowe's today for a gallon of Titebond so I will look glance through if I know what it look for.

Comment

• hermit
                    Established Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Somerset, PA, USA.

Thanks guys. Pelligrini, I submitted my own. They ask for submissions for the next issue when one is out. This is the third. They are yearly. Actually, the editor from WOOD posted on this site looking for entries last year. I submitted last Feb, and the whole thing took about 6 months to wrap up. I was given the article to review in Aug. and have been waiting for the issue to come out.

Sarge, it is a special interest magazine put out by WOOD. Like I said this is the third yearly issue. The first was 2007. I guess I could have posted a link for you guys: http://www.woodstore.net/ambehowo20.html

Todd

Comment

• pelligrini
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • Fort Worth, TX
                      • Craftsman 21829

Thanks for the info.

If they ever do an "America's smallest, cramped, filled with too much junk shops" I'll be sure to submit my little shed.
                      Erik

Comment

Working...