• Show
Clear All
  • jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Dust Collection for Cabinet Saw

I currently use a shop vac connected to the dust port on my saw cabinet for dust control. I have to step over the hose and it is not a terribly safe way to operate.

However in the new shop I plan on having a dust collector. It has occurred to me that perhaps I should cap off the dust port on the cabinet, hook up the DC to a Shark Guard to pull dust from the top of the saw, and then periodically vacuum out the cabinet. There's no great way to run DC line to the cabinet port without having it in the way of the saw but an overhead DC line to the guard would work perfectly.

What do others do?
  • SARGE..g-47

I opened the 4" port on the left side of my Steel City 5 HP to 6" and hook direct to that opening with my cyclone line routed behind the saw. I ran a extension line L'ed from that port to the left rear corner then L'ed to the rear where the feeder line from cyclone connects.

I have a 6 HP Shop Vac under the right extention table that has the 2 1/2" line going up an end vertical pcv pipe... L's at top and over the extension table where a 2 1/2" flex line drops down to the port on top of the large mouth plastic shield.

Comment

Working...