• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

After bouncing around the world with a family as a Marine, working in Hobby Shops, and living in base housing for 16 years we bought a house and I don't see another move. I spent most of first 18 years in the same house, the wife moved every few months to a year.

With that in mind, everything I do to the place is what we like and want.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Barring me winning the Powerball, and buying a late friends house (bosses father in law, we talked about what it would take to convert it and it would end up with a 7 car garage), I am going to stay where I am. It gets paid off in just over three years (and I hate debt) and was a bear in some respects to move into.
      When I moved, one of my bosses, and the forementioned late bosses father in law helped. I got my brothers help for an hour, at great expense. No one else in the family had the time of day. I moved my brother three times, my sister twice, my parents (and all three groups within 30 days about 5 years ago). Yet I now design stuff so that I alone move it (I don't have a couch). Plan like you do, and live like your not, is my view.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...