Seeking photos or plans for a tool stand...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Texas splinter
    Established Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Abilene, TX, USA.
    • BT3100

Seeking photos or plans for a tool stand...

...that has "wings" or extensions on each side. I have seen hotos of a stand that had hinged "wings" that, when raised, increased the width (looking from the front of the stand) to about three times the original width.

I have built a "Rolling Shop Table" per the instructions in the Oct 2008 issue of Woodworkers Journal (pp58 - 63) and would like to add extensions on each side that would fold down when not needed. I want to put my SCMS on it and use the extensions, with some table extensions I will make, when cutting long peices of molding, etc.

I have seen pictures of such a table or tool stand, and have seen them in the past 2 or 3 months, but now that I want to build it, I can't find the pictures.

So, once again I go the the well of knowledge in this fourm. Help, please.
    "Aspire to inspire before you expire."

Chuck Hershiser
    Abilene, Texas
  • shoottx
    Veteran Member
    • May 2008
    • Plano, Texas
    • BT3000

I have a router table (almost complete) with wings here are a couple of pictures. If you want more pictures drop an email and I will forward everything you want. (other than plans, all made in the shop, no plans)
    The biggest calculation is the pivot point for the wings. It has to be out far enough to clear the wings and supports.

I used two fold out supports. I am sure you could also create a singls center sliding support.
    Attached Files
    Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• just started
      • Mar 2008
      • suburban Philly

Nice!!! Too bad there's no plans for it, I would love to have one also.

Comment

• Texas splinter
        Established Member
        • Mar 2003
        • Abilene, TX, USA.
        • BT3100

SHOOTTX: Thanks a bunch for the response. I think the pictures here will be enough, I was just not sure about how to go about the hinging and bracing. Do you have locater pins on the tops of the side braces? If not, how do you keep them from getting knocked inward and the wing sagging or folding down?
        I will go out and do some measuring and cyphering (SP?) on my work cart and see if I will need extra photos or info.
        BTY, I have a brother-in-law living in McKinney, we will be going over there around the weekend of the 26th for a visit.
        Again, thanks for the rapid response. Is this a great forum or what?
        "Aspire to inspire before you expire."

Chuck Hershiser
        Abilene, Texas

Comment

Working...