• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

A Clean Shop Example

So I was doing some straightening and cleaning in my shop and in a corner buried under some other stuff I found a box. This box was given to me by a friend of my FIL who is losing his sight and was quitting woodworking. I won't tell you how long I've had the box but in it I found:

A 14" backsaw - needs sharpening but is the perfect thing to cut dovetails
    A 32" backsaw - also needs sharpening. Not sure what I am gonna do with it.
    A small speed square
    A pair of calipers

And this,

It is complete with the user guides and 2 pattern books for making joints.

My next project will be to finally replace my router accessory table with a larger one so I can use it.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Sweet!

I was cleaning my shop and the box I found in the corner contained 3 broken answering machines (micro-tape type) an ancient cordless phone and several spiders.
    Erik

Comment

• shoottx
      Veteran Member
      • May 2008
      • Plano, Texas
      • BT3000

I can't find the corner of my shop1

So there is hope for real buried treasure
      Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• poolhound
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2006
        • Phoenix, AZ
        • BT3100

Originally posted by shoottx
        I can't find the corner of my shop
        LOL - thanks that got my morning of to a great start

I seem to lose more things than I gain. I hord things away for years on the basis that I will find a use for them one day. Then eventually I run out of room and throw out or sell these items. Guaranteed I will find a reason to use whatever it was but I then cant find it and ultimatley realize I dont own it anymore.
        Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
        techzibits.com

Comment

• pacwind3
          Established Member
          • Nov 2006
          • Vancouver, WA
          • Bosch 4100

You'll like that Incra Jig. I bought one a couple of months ago, I haven't used it much, but I am very happy with it.

Comment

• scmhogg
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2003
            • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
            • BT3000

David,

Did the Incra come with the "templates". They are skinny strips of plastic. They are necessary to do complicated joints.

I've had one of the metal Incras, on my router table, for over 10 years. I have no complaints. When I first got the Incra I made a couple of boxes with the layered dovetail joints. I wish I had taken pics before I gave them away. You have to try one they are easier than the look.

One critical thing with the jig is centering the workpiece on the bit. Incra has Auto Center for $15 that makes this easy.

At Woodpeckers, we want you to get the most from your tools. We carry the essential woodworking accessories and supplies to make sure you can.

Steve
            I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

Steve, dunno. I will check. I have some shop time coming Friday. I plan to at least do the cutting for parts for a portable mitre saw stand, then take a tabletop I've been saving and replace my accessory table. Then I can use that Incra.
              David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• pacwind3
                Established Member
                • Nov 2006
                • Vancouver, WA
                • Bosch 4100

Originally posted by scmhogg
                David,

Did the Incra come with the "templates". They are skinny strips of plastic. They are necessary to do complicated joints.

I've had one of the metal Incras, on my router table, for over 10 years. I have no complaints. When I first got the Incra I made a couple of boxes with the layered dovetail joints. I wish I had taken pics before I gave them away. You have to try one they are easier than the look.

One critical thing with the jig is centering the workpiece on the bit. Incra has Auto Center for $15 that makes this easy.

At Woodpeckers, we want you to get the most from your tools. We carry the essential woodworking accessories and supplies to make sure you can.

Steve
                oh wow, i didn't know about that self centering jig. I need that! I'll be ordering that this friday since it's payday.

Comment

• BobSch
                  • Aug 2004
                  • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by shoottx
                  I can't find the corner of my shop1
                  Unfortunately, I CAN find mine, because now that I've got the insulation and 'rock up I'm in the process of taping the corners. I HATE taping corners!!
                  Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Hoakie
                    Established Member
                    • Feb 2007
                    • Iowa
                    • Craftsman 21829

not wanting to hijack thread but I used pre-tapped 90 degree corners found at the BORG when I finished the basement, made the job 100 percent easier
                    John
                    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• BobSch
                      • Aug 2004
                      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                      • BT3100

Originally posted by Hoakie
                      not wanting to hijack thread but I used pre-tapped 90 degree corners found at the BORG when I finished the basement, made the job 100 percent easier
                      I'm using those and I still find it to be the worst part of the job.
                      Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Working...