Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

My shop layout sketchup link...

Sketchup users, please take a look at
    a sketchup of how I want to rearrange my garage workshop after the shed is up and the other stuff is gone. And let me know if you guys think I am on the right track. I don't have everything there yet. But I am planning on running the Shop Vac DC behind the stand things. The stand things are those benchtop tool stands like the one Alex Franke built. I am thinking 2 of them for a good benchtop tool assortment. The 4 foot hanging cabinets to hold handheld power tools, hung low enough to avoid hitting the garage door tracks. I want to run compressed air (1/2" iron pipe) along with the DC plumbing, so that I have compressed air, DC, and power outlets along the way. BTW, the shop vac, and compressor are going to trade places, or most likely end up stacked on some sort of rack.

I also included the ceiling and light fixture layout. Probably going to need to rethink the locations due to the garage door tracks.

No garage door opener here, so no space issues with one of those!

So what do you guys think? Am I off my rocker? I think I will need a folding assembly table of some sort as well...

Maybe, just maybe I can buy back my garage as both a workspace, AND a place to park the car! (though the truck still won't fit...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...