• Show
Clear All
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Long overdue shop organization started

Back in November I took the plunge and bought a house. I was so excited to finally get moved in and use the 2 car garage for my dedicted shop and set it up the way I wanted it. Well the house has been great except for a few things that needed my attention when I first moved in. Just after I moved in there was a big surprise at work and one of my coworkers got the ax and yours truly was given the task of doing my job and suddenly his. Fast forward almost four months and they finally found a replacement to do my old job and I finally don't have to work the long hours that had been consuming my life.

I had already decided that while having a nice long 3 day weekend this weekend that I would jump start my shop and get things in motion. So here in lies the makings of my first attempt at getting it all started. The first three pictures of the shop show just what a mess everything is in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0019.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	791562Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0020.JPG
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	791563Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0021.JPG
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	791564

Believe it or not under all of this stuff and in my basement there are some quite useful woodworking tools. My collection consists of the following.

BT3100 NIB sold and will be shipping to Mark in Texas on Monday
    Jet JWTS-10 contractors saw and a NIB Biesmeyer fence and cast iron wings to be installed at a later date
    Jet JJ-6CS jointer
    Delta 50-760 dust collector
    2 - Hitachi M12V routers
    Triton TRA001 router
    Ryobi OSS500 oscilating spindle sander
    Ryobi DP120 bench top drill press
    Jet JBM-5 bench top mortiser
    Jet JML1014VS mini lathe
    Delta 31-250 wide belt sander
    Delta 31-120 12" disc sander
    Delta BS100 bench top bandsaw (soon to be replaced by a Grizzly G0555)
    Dewalt DW733 lunch box planer
    Dewalt DW715 compound miter saw
    Craftsman air compressor
    Craftsman 6" VS bench grinder

I was really looking forward to getting off of work this afternoon so my quest could begin. Much to my surprise my boss came to my office about 3 this afternoon and gave me the boot for an early start on the weekend. Let's just say he did not have to tell me twice as I knew what I wanted to accomplish this weekend. It was off to the garage, I mean shop to start my project.

A little about the garage. As you can see from the pictures there are extension cords feeding the garage door openers because there is only one electric receptical in the place. That will be rectified over time as you can imagine. I have a pretty good idea as to how I want to lay out my shop so I figured the first place to start was the wall where I wanted to put my Triton WRA001 wood racks. I found the studs in the wall, hung the racks and stuffed it with the wood I have. On top is some construcion lumber (2x4 and 2x6's), walnut, spalted maple, curly maple, soft maple and oak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0024.JPG
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	791565Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0026.JPG
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	791566Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0028.JPG
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	791567

More to come as I still have a full three days to go. Wish me luck.
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Oh, man, you're going to have a great weekend! I look forward to seeing the result.

JR
    JR

Comment

• krogers
      Established Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Garden City, New York, USA.

Archeology project?

Judging by those first pics that area would be difficult to classify as a shop. But I wish you good luck and hope you get to make a lot of progress this weekend. Keep the pics coming! I always enjoy seeing this kind of transformation. And any creative ideas that you have for set up.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Assuming you meet your goal, you are going to be ready to go back to work, just to get some rest! Good luck.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

Working...